RPG Maker Forums

TherainED
TherainED
May be nostalgia. May be different progression systems. May be that Destiny sucks. Who knows?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Can't stand grind in any game. I refused to grind carafting material in Destiny to upgrade my legendary and exotic gear. Then again, that's no concern anymore - I refused to download that 18GB update for the Taken King, so I can't play the game, anyway.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
The update for The Taken King actually isn't that bad... It actually fixes a LOT of the grind. Oh, it's still there, but it's been toned down a lot. It's still not fun, either.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I'm just not prepared to download 18GB for an update. i don't have wired broadband, I use a 4G Mobile Dongle. The speed of it isn't a problem, i've been playing Destiny since launch without a hitch. However, I do have to pay for my broadband data. That 18GB update would cost me £75 to download. It's just not worth the cost. Just gonna trade the game in.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Well, at that point, I don't blame you. I really kind of hate the whole "you must install the entire game on the harddrive to play" myself.

Well, I'm just letting you know that Destiny has gotten much better than it was, ha ha. Still not fantastic, but it's better than it was.
Uzuki
Uzuki
It's mainly because when you grind in FFV you're working towards something that actually aids you. Almost every class is useful in some way so you're gaining something when you level up.
TheGuyver
TheGuyver
It's because Destiny is a bad game with bad design that's aimed towards console players who are generally suckers for anything thrown at them. If there's no grind in destiny, then there's no game, and no game = no money.
TherainED
TherainED
^That's what I call going a bit too far. Unless it's a joke, which I feel like it's not. That said, Taken King has solved a lot of problems, yes, but it's undeniable that up until now, those problems were of little importance to Bungie. And the fact that so many different systems in Destiny are poorly done and ill thought doesn't really help the game a lot. I REALLY think they should do the grind in a way more similar to Borderlands. There's grind, but the grind is mad...
TherainED
TherainED
fricking hell, the character limit. As I was saying, the grind is tied into the leveling system, making it more useful/satisfying/required.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
I find it funny that Destiny changed light and levels to function differently, but they end up being the same in the end as before.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Yeah, grinding Light Levels is basically the same "gear grind" as it was before separation. It's just that it's no longer a 30% damage reduction/addition between levels. Now, it takes like 5 light levels to reach that same 30%.

I'm just grinding out Level 2 of each Job in FFV right now and actually enjoying it. Even if all I'm getting is "level X magic" for it.

It's just more fun to me.
Hollow 1977
Hollow 1977
I think the job system helps out quite a bit. I was glad to see that in Final Fantasy 13 but they only included 6 jobs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif
Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
TFW you get a plugin working correctly with your other plugins ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

(CW for minor gore - Einar's Y incision is gone for his test portrait)

Cs5kAbZ.png
Doing some winter related edits for a cozy cottage!
I think it's the third time I am changing my skill info plugin, but as I get better at programming, I want to fix the trash I made earlier :p

Streaming while I am programming the plugin. Join in if you wish :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zynarith2