Comments on Profile Post by sokita

  1. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yes. There's always someone who loudly and irrationally hates all RM games. ;_; But around here we love 'em so just avoid Steam's forums and you're good.
    Oct 5, 2015
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    You know, everyone makes enemies at some time or another. Let them hate. Many love them.
    Oct 5, 2015
  3. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    As much as grammar is abused in passing status messages, yes.
    Oct 5, 2015
  4. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Yeah. Not irrationally so, either. Because RPG Maker brings essentially easier access into Indie Game Development, there's a fairly large chunk of it that is "shovelware". There are some fantastic gems out there for RPG Maker Games, but there's always going to be a crowd out there unwilling to give those ones a chance.
    Oct 5, 2015
  5. sokita
    sokita
    Hmm, so that's it. But, RM games not hated for the sake of its engine, right?
    Oct 5, 2015
  6. Kaimen
    Kaimen
    It's more like the 90% of poorly and quickly made games that get the other 10% the bad reputation. Here, you're mostly gonna find those 10% though. We're all very dedicated, as far as I know. :)
    Oct 5, 2015
  7. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    You won't find anything like joeys adventure or the legend of ripoff games. Here people actually put work and effort into there games but becuase of those other games like Kaimen said give the rest s bad reputation.
    Oct 5, 2015
  8. Seacliff
    Seacliff
    As Sturgeons Law points out: 90% of everything is crap.


    To be fair though, I don't think RPG Maker is nearly as hated as Unity at times(and rightfully so), but it does get it's fair share of flak.
    Oct 5, 2015
  9. sokita
    sokita
    And now with MV, it will be more hated or just the same. Since many people done the PO and going to work around with thei new toy started 23rd this month.
    Oct 5, 2015
  10. NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    The App Store will be flooded with shitty rpg maker games. I can almost hear the hate were gonna get.
    Oct 5, 2015