RPG Maker Forums

Kyuukon
Kyuukon
T.T
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
As in making or playing? If you mean playing, who cares what it was made on?
Amysaurus
Amysaurus
A good game is a good game. If it's presented well and plays well, I don't think the maker it was made on will matter at all.
Liak
Liak
I agree. Even games with much worse graphics than VX Ace (those "retro" games) get played. :)
optimum45
optimum45
Both, and in a few other ways as well. The "New or Not At All" problem is already coming into play everywhere. It's making me feel like I've invested all of this time/energy/money into a Commodore.
Hudell
Hudell
Not only will it kill older projects, there will be nothing else for Enterbrain to do after MV :)
Scythuz
Scythuz
People are still making games on XP/2003 (To the Moon/Lisa) you know, you have nothing to worry about. I'm still making my game in Ace too :)
optimum45
optimum45
I'm being told that I need to stop and build my own engine so that I'm not attached to "second hand shareware". That's a hard thing to respond to.
Pine
Pine
@Optimum45 maybe you need to stop hanging out with smug "indie devs"?
optimum45
optimum45
I actually don't have many friends. I have fewer allies, which is why I take attacks like that with a grain of salt most of the time. It just shook me a bit.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
lol ignore them
Scythuz
Scythuz
Building your own engine seems really unnecessary from an indie perspective, not to mention a big waste of time.
Pine
Pine
There is obviously a bad intention behind that attack. They're telling you that your method and platform of developing a game is inferior, and therefore your final product also is. That's what always goes down with indie gamedevs. That's why I don't visit other creation outlets, it's very toxic.
Aoi Ninami
Aoi Ninami
Yes, I can see why that would be hard to respond to. They have given precisely zero reason why using the RPGMaker engine is a bad thing, so what even is there for you to respond to?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RizkyBiznizz