??????
??????
No.
Silent Darkness
Silent Darkness
....come again, @OP?
??????
??????
@Hudell - I havent even bothered using it yet. I opened it and tinkered around the other day for an hour, and i opened it a while ago and closed it again.
JosephSeraph
JosephSeraph
A game's not only made of the database tho. Tell me how you're gonna make battle animations through JSON files. You could use tiled, a free tile editing program, to make maps, though, but I'm not even sure how much work that would be. While for some things editing directly on the database could be more productive, for a lot of things having a visual GUI is much more useful.
BCj
BCj
I liked scripts better, atleast I could change them IN VX Ace.. Can't change anything in a plugin unless mv allows me to. I'd have to edit the file itself, outside of MV..
??????
??????
Dude dont get me started - they basically scammed everyones money saying it had x, y, z, when it doesnt - you have to download FREE 3rd party programs that do it. They gave away the codebase weeks ago with their demo game, and the editor adds NOTHING to that codebase. Yes, their codebase might be wroth a couple bucks, but the editor isnt worth a ****!
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
o.o Dekita-chan is mad.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
I feel it is actually a downgrade from vx ace (at least for advanced users). They took the "simple enough for a child" way too far. The software is way to reliant on 3rd party software if you want to go the advanced route.
bgillisp
bgillisp
Honestly, I kind of agree with Dekita. Having the script editor in engine was what allowed me to learn how to script, as I could see how the default engine did things. Without that, I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to do plug ins unless I write everything from scratch.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@bgillisp - Plus this system supports the idea of scripters encrypting there plug-ins (other similar systems generally end up going down that path). Which could hurt the ability of others to learn. (I have reasons for thinking this, but it would be to long for a status post.)
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
... Keep in mind the 80 bucks is also to use the code base. Its not just for the editor. If you use the code base without it, you are breaking IP laws as you don't have a license to use it.

Also, why should we have a script editor when any self respecting person who even half codes should have one that is 80 million times better than anything we could create.

I don't even code and I have notepad++ which is waaaay better than what we could make.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
Also, step off saying we are scamming you. Your opinion is not fact and accusing us of a scam, which is illegal, is libel.
??????
??????
So wait - the engine does allow you to export to andriod or ios format?... I mean, thats how it was advertised, unless I am mistaken?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It is a curse getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
I have done nothing for my game in the last hours but look and modify my spreadsheets. lmao
A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trollolol