This sums up both of our feelings on the database
    Oct 25, 2015
  2. Chester
    Chester
    When I start a game...I always empty the database....meow
    Oct 25, 2015
  3. Susan
    Susan
    Just wondering, but couldn't you use the Ace to MV converter to convert the database from Ace so that you have something to fall back on?
    Oct 25, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. Hoppy
    Hoppy
    The last RPG Maker I bought before MV and excluding the 2 DS games was VX.
    Oct 25, 2015
  5. Baka-chan
    Baka-chan
    You know you want to fill it:
    Oct 25, 2015
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    I'm gonna delete everything anyway so that's not a problem for me.
    Oct 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I'm confused, are people complaining about the lack of a database? Like the program only lets you have like 12 actors max and 30 skill or something? Or did they not bother to include the default database filler that has been used to stigmatize rpgmaker games for years now?
    Oct 25, 2015
  8. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I'm confused by the anger over the default database (that we are making anyway, its just not done yet).

Anyone who seriously wanted to make a game cleared that thing out anyway.
    Oct 25, 2015
  9. Seriel
    Seriel
    Oct 25, 2015
  10. Chester
    Chester
    Touchfuzzy-sama is correct!
    Oct 25, 2015
  11. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @Kirikaz: but...the old databases sucked. They were unbalanced as hell and set me back months before I decided to wipe them and set my own algorithms from scratch. Not to mention games utilizing said broken database in commercial games is almost as big a factor in the commercial rpgmaker hate-market as using rtp materials was, good riddance I say.
    Oct 25, 2015
  12. Seriel
    Seriel
    Indeed.

I agree wih you on that. it's nothing more than a pain in the ass.
    Oct 25, 2015
  13. Astel
    Astel
    I'm a writer. Thinking about the mechanics of skills, weapons, balancing battles... all that makes my head hurt y_y
    Oct 25, 2015
  14. JosephSeraph
    JosephSeraph
    i'm so happy the default database is empty. No more grinding to lv 70 on default database rpg maker games in order to beat the default final boss!
    Oct 25, 2015
  15. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @Astel: then find a buddy to do the technical stuff for you, or write a novel. A game with a great story and crappy mechanics is still a crappy game, no matter how great your story if you are making a game people will by and large hate it if it doesn't have balanced and thought out gameplay as well as a great plot.

It took me far to long to accept that myself, but it is a fact for more people than it is an exception.
    Oct 25, 2015
  16. Hoppy
    Hoppy
    It's not that hard in MV to set those up and I have custom elements, weapon and armor types, and classes with a starter setup all done within 2 hours on the same day it was released (which was last Thursday since I ordered it here on the site).
    Oct 25, 2015
  17. Astel
    Astel
    @Alexander Amnell: I know that. However that's of little concern to me...

In my VX Ace project, all the bosses have have 1 hp and deal 0 damage because i don't really care about anything else but to continue the story.

Maybe if the game is someday released i'll worry about that... maybe B|
    Oct 25, 2015
  18. Susan
    Susan
    Looks like the MV database is up. ;D
    Oct 25, 2015
    2 people like this.
  19. Astel
    Astel
    I see, i'll check it out :) thank you
    Oct 25, 2015