Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Amnell

1. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    It is actually harder to use complicated plug-ins now. (It is the one thing about MV that is bugging me)
    Oct 25, 2015
  2. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I get that, I'm just saying it shouldn't surprise anyone that eb focused on multi-platform support and resolutions to the exclusion of everything else, since those are the things everyone complained about the predecessors not having. It's simple technological logistics: 'always leave something important out to hook them on upgrading' and all of that.
    Oct 25, 2015
  3. Leo Epitav
    Leo Epitav
    MV will be great for professional plugin writers not those familiar with Ruby. It have more potential but less people that could use them. The Ui is some what a downgrade compared to ace. So Game Developing and scripting is going to be much harder than ACE. But Will We Find Plugins strong enough to use MV Full Great Potential?
    Oct 25, 2015
  4. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Leo -The most powerful plug-ins will have to be setup by users outside of MV. This could annoy users and pressure them to use simpler scripts instead.
    Oct 25, 2015
  5. Leo Epitav
    Leo Epitav
    Yeah But Working Hard on Developing MV Games will produce superior games to ACE In The Future Its just will take more Time. I am Glad ACE is still there for Alternative.
    Oct 25, 2015
  6. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Leo - but MV should be better then Ace. Not just have different plus and minuses
    Oct 25, 2015
  7. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ^and vx should have had layered mapping, I'm telling you, you'll never get a program that does everything right, it's to counter-productive to profit incentives.
    Oct 25, 2015
  8. mlogan
    mlogan
    The thing is, "simple enough for a child" does not mean "my 6 year old can make the next FF". And some want to interpret that. The basic editor, as is, IS simple enough for a child. I know, mine have used it. But many want to take that to mean that they can make a super complicated game with little to no effort.
    Oct 25, 2015
  9. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I'll be honest, I've seen complaints that its too hard and complaints that its too easy. At the moment, I can't make heads or tails of most complaints, and the ones I do understand are things that I can't even grasp why they miss it (the default database for instance).
    Oct 25, 2015
  10. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    And guys, download notepad++ its free, and has great javascript formatting. It would be better than any script editor KDKW could have created.
    Oct 25, 2015
  11. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    ^Never has a status like button been more necessary than this exact moment.
    Oct 25, 2015
  12. Shaz
    Shaz
    I NEVER used an external editor for Ace - built in editor for me all the way. Now that I've had to adapt over the last month or so, I have to do a turnaround and say external editors just make things SO much easier! Atom is great, and it's free. Give it a go.
    Oct 25, 2015