RPG Maker Forums

Hudell
Hudell
It's the natural way :)
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
its not worth $70......

seriously i already have VX ACE and all the images from MV work just fine in ACE, you only have to resize the face imgs, but everything else works just fine, which makes the only thing MV has over ACE is the Script for Sideview
Alexa Angel
Alexa Angel
If you are using the images from MV then it is worth the 70$. Since you have to buy MV to use the resources.. And MV has a much better editor and more versatile platforms it supports. Amoungst many other features.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
no you dont need to buy MV to get the imgs, just need to use the trial, the editor is not much better, its the same only has a minimul extra options, oh yea you can now make 2000 of each type of item, but you wont need more then 400-500 for each type tops thats pushing it for weapons, you can add extra numbers into the damage formulas for skills, useful but not worth the price, the SV options are nice but you can use it in ace as well thru a script, oh and the three extra platforms that you c...
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
an use, you have to buy another program to make the game compatible with them
Sharm
Sharm
It's more likely that Ace support will pick up again once the newness of MV wears off a bit. BTW, there are lots of other improvements, and you can't use the MV graphics unless you own the program.
Sharm
Sharm
It may not be worth it to you, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it to someone else.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
where does it say i cant use them on ace with out owning MV? i read the user agreement and it said nothing concerning that
Psyker
Psyker
RPG Maker license covers both engine and resource usage. Don't own engine can't use resources. End of subject.
steeltamashii
steeltamashii
I certainly hope not. MV's been a little buggy so far. I know that'll change eventually but right now I'm still working on my WIP in ACE.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
not that i would ever do it but you know some one could claim they bought the engine and never activated it cuase life got in the way...just saying, anyways other then the features i listed what does it have over ACE? what are these other feature it has? i started in xp, moved to vx cuase it was definatly a better system, i moved to ace cuase it handled elements, and classes better, but i prefer how vx handled equipment distribution between classes (instead of by type it was by indiviual item...
Crimson Dragon Inc.
Crimson Dragon Inc.
i only miss that part of vx. when i look at mv over ACe, i dont see any major differance other then plug ins over scripts, extra item limits, more info in skill formulas...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiaMaker1223