RPG Maker Forums

Dalph
Dalph
It's what I do, I try to buy rm games too on Steam if I see something that I like, I have many of them already on my account. I guess the problem is that not really 9 out of 10 commercial rm games are decent but more like 1-2 out of 10 (if we're lucky). I see a lot of bad and rushed rm games on Steam and this gives a bad reputation to the commercial side of rm, some devs just want to make money with them I guess and don't really put much effort into the development. This is not in...
Dalph
Dalph
...This is not your case ofc because I know you work hard on your stuff. There are some extremely succesful rm games out there though, like To The Moon, which is made with Xp and appreciated\supported by pretty much anyone.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Dalph - 100% agree. The reason RPG Maker is disliked is due to so many games are made with the software that are just quick cash grabs. The good/decent games get hurt by this due to a lot more people not willing to take a chance incase the game is another poorly made one.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
Besides, being told what is wrong with ones game can help them improve (as long as it is constructive). Just as praise of a project can be nonconstructive also.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I think it also depends on how high are your standards. Some people might find an average quality RM game as worth their time and money. Others won't. Generally though, RM games should be treated as all the other indies, rather than work of an amateur.
Dalph
Dalph
The problem is that feedback\criticism won't really make some people improve their games. If all they want is gaining money they won't be really interested in improving their product to please their audience. The best thing to do is to ignore the money grabbing rm games and support only the ones where real effort is put. I tend to give a chance to anyone as long as I see real effort put in something.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Matseb - I seriously wish more people thought this way. As long as RPG Maker is considered separate from other indie game engines, it will be judged differently.
Dalph
Dalph
The commercial side of rm is under a bad light mainly because of all these horrible commercial rm games, if at least half of them would be decent then the engine won't be labelled as something amateurish.
SomaelCK
SomaelCK
For me, I consider a game as it is. I don't take RM in a factor. But I found out that the negativity for RM games comes from RM users (at least used RM for a few hours) the most o_O. Especially when the said game is 100% RTP or store bought assets, even if the game is good/decent.
Dalph
Dalph
That's plain stupid to complain about an rm game only because it uses stock RTP or store

bought assets, it's not about what you use but how you use it. Not everyone can afford or

is able to go 100% custom with their game, that's what the store bought assets are for,

to make everything more accessible for everyone. I know about a banned user (I won't mention

the name) that is bashing on a lot of decent\good looking rm games on Steam only because

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

6000 Plugins for RPG Maker MV, Pixel RPG Icons, & Reboot Pixel Font | RPG Maker News #38

Why not smash a guitar on your foes? Ability to play said guitar not included.
Two NPCs blinking animations in VNMaker and two to go. Some progress!
Fun Fact: My last two projects (Fursona and A Postmortem Nation) were released before I could do post-completion playtesting because I got so excited and happy I released them on the spot. Sometimes I have rubbish impulse control. smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forsakenfox