Comments on Profile Post by Leo Epitav

1. mlogan
    mlogan
    1) Most people wanted a different tileset system. 2) MV has more content than Ace RTP did.
    Nov 2, 2015
  2. Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    What's changed about the tileset system? It seems like the same, but with one extra layering function.
    Nov 2, 2015
  3. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    While I'm not sure what you mean by the tileset system, I'm assuming you're talking about the extra layer for non-autotiles? If not, please correct me, as I'm not sure what you'd be referring to.

Have you checked the additional content that comes with RPG Maker for the tilesets and characters that aren't modern? Many resources were placed in a separate folder simply to reduce the filesize new projects made on your computer. They were not taken out of the pro...
    Nov 2, 2015
  4. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    ... They were not taken out of the program, simply moved.

I don't understand why making a tileset is harder in MV? The only difference I'm aware of for creating them is that they're bigger, is there something I'm missing? If not, that doesn't necessarily make it harder to create.

As for the community, I think it's safe to say a large portion of the scripters have moved on to MV, as it gives us very obvious benefits over VX Ace and the other predec...
    Nov 2, 2015
  5. Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    logan, I have to call #2 into question. I find the MV RTP to be lacking on the content side.

Only 3 actor spritesheets?!
    Nov 2, 2015
  6. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    ... VX Ace and the other predecessors.

As for the language change, Java and JavaScript are very different. And while it's true JavaScript may not be as nice to read as Ruby, it's much more powerful, which is the most important part for a game.
    Nov 2, 2015
  7. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    I agree with Hime. The system for it stayed the same but with the added benefit of layering without worrying about event mapping to account for lost tiles that don't overlap.
    Nov 2, 2015
  8. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    @Silent Darkness: There are 3 additional actor sheets included in the BaseResource folder. They are the SciFi ones.
    Nov 2, 2015
  9. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Did you delete your old status update? MV comes with revamped versions of the Ace tiles in addition to modern\sci-fi tiles.
    Nov 2, 2015
  10. Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    Isn't that part of the DLC, Zalerinian?
    Nov 2, 2015
  11. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Besides, if you want something more like Ace, keep using Ace. No one is forcing you to use MV. lol
    Nov 2, 2015
  12. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    @Silent Darkness: No, the base resource folder should be included. It was content taken out of new projects to prevent them from getting too bloated, but they should still be with your purchase.
    Nov 2, 2015
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    What dj said, if you don't like MV for <insert random reason here> then don't use it, there's a huge amount of people sticking with ACE anyway, I don't see what's the problem here.
    Nov 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    MV is a big improvement over Ace's version in regards to tileset system (and I do not see anything lost in the transition imo).

I do think that the fantasy and modern resource split may hurt games that focus on only one of those two styles though.
    Nov 2, 2015
  15. Susan
    Susan
    @Leo Epitav:

If you have Shaz's Change Tile Size script, you can use that to set the size to 32 x 32 (Ace's tile size) and continue using Ace tiles in MV if you want, instead of the MV RTP if you feel that it's lacking. :)

@Silent Darkness:

I don't see any problem with having just 3 actor spritesheet. They provided a character generator for a reason. ;)
    Nov 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  16. Shaz
    Shaz
    I'm locking this. There are a hundred threads where people have given their opinions on MV. I've already said to stop making new ones. The status feed is not the place for this. This is the kind of thing that's making us consider disabling it.
    Nov 2, 2015