RPG Maker Forums

Thalzon
Thalzon
Goku is not strictly a video game character. Sakurai actually discussed this, saying he and Spongebob are not in the running for Smash.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Thalzon - At least Goku was in a game for the Nintendo systems. Was Cloud even in a game on any Nintendo system before?
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
They need to get Banjo and kazooie up in there since it seems anything is almost possible at this point.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Vox - Maybe Drake from Uncharted should be included next?
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
@AwesomeCool, FF was though; that could just be the character representing the brand/franchise for square enix. Frankly it makes sense because cloud is their most popular character and it advertises FF 7 which is getting remade.
stupid enough to like FF13
Cloud's in the Theatrhythm games, and the upcoming Final Fantasy Explorers.
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
@Awesome Cool, IDK haven't played those, banjo and kazooie make so much sense since they have such a history with nintendo even if they have become slightly irrelevant now.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Vox - That is true. I am dissapointed that so many Nintendo characters are being ignored for third party characters now. :/
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
@AwesomeCool well they are third party characters now technically; owned by microsoft. But still as a guest spot getting a former nintendo character back briefly would be awesome and they could easily fit in with the combat setting of the game.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Vox - I would want Banjo and Kazooie to be a dlc character honestly. They have a history with Nintendo at least.
Thalzon
Thalzon
Cloud's earliest appearance on a Nintendo system was Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
Yeah, that's my point. Actually there are alot of old 64 game characters that could be brought back assuming they can get/have the rights. Another that just popped into my mind was Goemon.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Thalzon - I think it is a dumb choice due to Cloud being so minor in all the games hes been in (on Nintendo systems). Goku has been in 20+ games on Nintendo systems, doesn't make adding Goku a good idea though. :/
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
Although it does make sense for Cloud to represent Final Fantasy (to be fair).
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
Cloud is just the character representing final fantasy as a brand, he's the most popular and the majority were clamoring for cloud when they heard additional guest characters could be added. It makes sense from that standpoint. Cecil would have been a good pick though for the best of both worlds.
Espon
Espon
I find it a little strange that they picked Cloud. While he's a bit more recognizable for the FF series, FF7 was a PlayStation game. Terra would of been a cooler choice because of her Esper form.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Espon - Plus it wouldn't be another anime swordsman character (smash has way to many of those and the movesets of them are starting to be hard to keep original).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Aqua transforms into a cat! NyaNya~! :LZSproud:

Actor2_3 added!

This wild baby deer is officially spoiled~ :LZSproud:

So the Chinese Communist Party has decided to ruin Vtubers for the Chinese people.

(I don't know any exact details, so don't ask me.)

This kind of crap (and so much more) is why I absolutely despise communists.
RM CCG Incoming? Maybe.. One Day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lPlayerl