RPG Maker Forums

Dalph
Dalph
Some people are clueless and they don't realize that originality doesn't exist anymore, it's a fact. Also I personally don't mind cliches as long as they're well executed because "Execution is all that matters".
nio kasgami
nio kasgami
short answer : picky people
trouble time
trouble time
because they don't call anything cliche unless they already don't like it. It's just a way to say "I don't like it" without saying "I don't like it."
Dalph
Dalph
Everyone just reuses things that already exist but add their own personal touch into them.
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
In a way it does, in that its going to be something people are familiar with. There is nothing wrong with a cliche done well. People also like things that are familiar to them. That being said you can implement a cliche different than the norm.
NeoFantasy
NeoFantasy
As long as it's not, go on an adventure becuase something something prophecy or your the chosen one etc I'm fine with it, and if I al playing as the chosen one don't tell me until the end let me feel like I earned that title rat her than being given it.
Celianna
Celianna
I love cliches, but it's how you use them that matters. Pretty much any story has cliches, there's not a single story out there that isn't a rehash of something else.
Ekanselttar
Ekanselttar
I think the reason why devs use clichés so much because they're kind of like "Tested and working",and familiar to the player.While overusing them IS a big mistake,throwing them right out of the window is also a mistake.My advice,use clichés,but do try to add your personal flavour to them.
fallenlorelei
fallenlorelei
Well, there are cliches and there are tropes. Tropes are typically fine and a good thing, yet some people often get them confused with "cliche" and then automatically assume it's bad. T_T

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making my character able to jump around the map because I'm bored and I already did my childhood "I'm bored" punishment of doing dishes.
Actor2_7 added!

Stream is running late, but will begin shortly with some Darkest Dungeon!
More plugins coming this Wednesday, along with updates to our core engine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrFujioka