Comments on Profile Post by ??????

1. Yanfly
    Yanfly
    That's why I just put all my stuff into one giant thread. Haha.
    Nov 21, 2015
  2. Sharm
    Sharm
    I think this sometimes too.
    Nov 21, 2015
  3. ??????
    ??????
    I was contemplating doing that, cause it would be much less work for me, and most of my plugins redirect to my site or a direct download anyway. IDK if it would be too much work for mods to merge all my plugin threads or not :p
    Nov 21, 2015
  4. mlogan
    mlogan
    Or, patience.
    Nov 21, 2015
  5. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I feel like most of the active scripters should probably put all their stuff in one thread yeah, it's what the art/music people do, so it'd make sense for the scripters to do it too. It also saves the rest of us a fair bit of searching!
    Nov 21, 2015
  6. ??????
    ??????
    Indeed it would help with the whole searching thing. And it might also expose some older systems that get backlogged within the mass number of new threads that are created. :p
    Nov 21, 2015
  7. mlogan
    mlogan
    Would it help with the searching though? I mean, say you want a plugin/script with a specific function but don't know who makes such a thing. I would think it would be easier to find a properly titled/tagged plugin than one buried in a thread with a bunch of other stuff. I think music and resources are are a bit different.
    Nov 21, 2015
  8. Tsukihime
    Tsukihime
    For plugins at least, there may be a lot of discussion generated, like bug/compatibility reports, feature requests, general help questions, etc.
    Nov 21, 2015
  9. Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, I have a hard time finding the scripts I need if they're in a giant thread. I think they're only convenient for the programmer.
    Nov 21, 2015
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    I would not merge all your threads. I prefer them to be one thread per plugin, as per the template. Imagine someone who's actually searching for something and comes up with 15 threads of "all my plugins" by 15 different scripters.

And seriously? I go through several times a day approving anything. What's the longest you've REALLY had to wait?
    Nov 21, 2015
  11. Shaz
    Shaz
    If I were searching for a plugin and came up with 3 threads of "all my plugins" by different scripters and one or two threads where the title sounded similar to what I was after, guess which ones I'd be looking at? And supporting a dozen or more plugins where everyone is asking questions, requesting mods, and offering suggestions for all of them in the one thread? No thanks.
    Nov 21, 2015
  12. ??????
    ??????
    There are threads within the rgss scripts that never got approved after days and days. I ended up just not even bothering to chase them up. I guess there is always a chance they were poorly formatted or something though :p

And when your at your computer all day, 6 hours feels like a lifetime (sure I've waited around 6 hours since I made my new thread) :D

Not that I'm really moaning about it, would just be a nice feature :)
    Nov 21, 2015
  13. ??????
    ??????
    And yea, I do get your point about having the separate threads, that was one reason i decided to stick with it like that :D
    Nov 21, 2015