Comments on Profile Post by Ratty524

1. Iavra
    Iavra
    Why? I like it that way and it's good to know something like this beforehand.
    Dec 9, 2015
  2. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Technically that's something worth mentioning so the player knows what to expect.
    Dec 9, 2015
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    Engr. Adiktuzmiko
    I'd rather know it beforehand, so yeah why?
    Dec 9, 2015
  4. BlackestSoul
    BlackestSoul
    I'd rather know about it beforehand too, although i wouldn't call no random encounters a 'core feature'
    Dec 9, 2015
  5. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Let it boil. :p

Some people like to see that! :)
    Dec 9, 2015
  6. MikePjr
    MikePjr
    Can't say i blame ya dude. I'm not nuts about RPGs that don't have random encounters to.. UNLESS you mean that another way.. the core feature part
    Dec 9, 2015
  7. Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    Sure, we shouldn't speak about the gameplay beforehand. Because no random encounter impacts gameplay, even if it's only slightly sometimes.
    Dec 9, 2015
  8. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I think that depends. Here on RMW site where games with random encounters are common, it might be worth mentioning, but out in the commercial world, perhaps enemy encounters should be given a better description than that.
    Dec 9, 2015
  9. Luiishu535
    Luiishu535
    It should be worth mentioning, but not as a feature IMO.
    Dec 9, 2015
  10. cabfe
    cabfe
    It can be mentioned as a feature if you have a choice between the two systems.
    Dec 9, 2015
  11. Shiroi Akuma
    Shiroi Akuma
    Well it's a real plus for me, so they should list this as feature, because the random encounters are annoying as hell, it's some kind of system which is used to elongate the playtime in my eyes.
    Dec 9, 2015
  12. The Infamous Bon Bon
    The Infamous Bon Bon
    I'm curious, why exactly is this a problem?
    Dec 9, 2015
  13. Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @Infamous Bon Bon, maybe ratty's point is how it is worded? Instead of saying touch encounters it says no random encounters. As if random encounters are a problem (which they aren't). Either that or ratty doesn't think it should be listed as a feature specifically. That's just my guess though.
    Dec 9, 2015
  14. Chester
    Chester
    *Experience No Random Encounters!*

-shows screenshot for proof-
    Dec 9, 2015
  15. stupid enough to like FF13
    stupid enough to like FF13
    "No random encounters! Expect an encounter EXACTLY every 17 steps!"
    Dec 9, 2015
  16. cabfe
    cabfe
    ^ and the exact same enemy each time, with fixed loot!
    Dec 9, 2015
  17. Luiishu535
    Luiishu535
    Random encounters have absolutely nothing to do with visible/invisible enemies. I think people are misunderstanding what random encounters means.
    Dec 9, 2015
  18. Ratty524
    Ratty524
    Matseb's post is part of it. Hell, did you think games like Chrono Trigger or even Legend of Zelda have a giant print that said "NO RANDOM ENCOUNTERS!" on their boxes? I also dislike it because it perpetuates a misconception that random encounters are somehow bad and touch encounters are "better." Except visible encounters have their own flaws and in the early games in which random encounters were prominent, they were actually executed well. The encounter system isn...
    Dec 10, 2015