RPG Maker Forums

AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
Do you guys actually agree with this or is this just company pr (like PR for game passes in the past).
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
People still like turn based games of course but they have become a more niche market than they were before.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Vox - Yeah that could be true. But wouldn't targeting a niche with too few games secure sales (instead of everyone make open world rpgs at once and lose money due to over-saturation).
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
not necessarily, if you want the best sales you go with the best market, it depends upon the quality of your product though and how it can meet the demands of the respective target market.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I think there is just that very wrong consensus in the gaming world that turn based = ancient/outdated, and real time = new and innovative, which I don't agree with at all. You are probably right though. Turn-based systems usually have more strategy and tactical depth than real time systems.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Matseb2611 - That is for real-time systems have to compensate for reaction time. And you cannot plan a super complex strategy while a mob is wrecking your face. Turn-based systems are harder to make well too, as spamming attack in turn-based is much more noticeable then spamming the attack button in a action system.
SPP
Tactical turn-based games like fire emblem are turn-based too and people like em. Now to wait for a TBS plugin for MV. I shall wait even months for a free one!
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@SPP - I love that style.

But I always struggled making a fight balanced when I experimented with that system in ace.
stupid enough to like FF13
Aside from Persona being largely niche, turn-based does well on handhelds. But I imagine for larger console games, a lot of gamers prefer more interactive and intense battle systems.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuzmitchoww