RPG Maker Forums

Travatar
Travatar
I read a great tip in a book called "The First Five Pages" by Noah Lukeman. It says to use inflection very sparingly, but to convey dialect through word choice instead. I'll see if I can dig up the specific example.
Clord
Clord
I have found out that there is people who do not understand what is "royal we". Thinking it is sign of the broken English in the project.
Clord
Clord
So don't worry about it, really.
NO!
That would be great, Trav. I'll probably pick the book up myself as well actually.

Clord: I don't understand what is "royal we". xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
I use a small amount of regional dialect in my project, it's normally just shortening words, or using common sayings. It can add flavour to your world, but use it sparingly; you need the player to actually understand your characters.

The majestic plural, or "royal we", is used by people of high office as a method to express their authority and power.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotominekurumi