Comments on Profile Post by Milena

1. Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    There should be a rule: don't ask for battle systems. People won't do complex batte system just to fill random requests on forum...
    Dec 28, 2015
  2. Milena
    Milena
    That is correct. I am sure you yourself gets asked this all the time, since you're a scripter / coder. I've seen tons of people bumping a thread about battle systems that takes amounts of time to be built. :/
    Dec 28, 2015
  3. Schlangan
    Schlangan
    It could be done in one month, with the following assumption: you have nothing else to do and you're able to work on it 24 hours a day without sleeping :D
    Dec 28, 2015
  4. SPP
    SPP
    ...and I'm one of those hated people who will wait patiently for one. :)

But I really think a month for a free TBS is ridiculous, 2 years maybe till a free one comes out?

I only know a bit of phyton from using renpy and I don't remember much about it anymore so yeah go coders!
    Dec 28, 2015
  5. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Yes they do.

I have been asked to do more outrageous things for commissions in a week.

To make a card battle system for less then $50 with adaptive AI in a week. I was also told that I should figure out the details of the system (for they do not know what exactly they want).
    Dec 28, 2015
  6. Dainiri.Art
    Dainiri.Art
    xD I am no coder but I know how they feel so I don't ask for one :)
    Dec 28, 2015
  7. Yanfly
    Yanfly
    Having made quite a few battle systems myself, I must say that battle systems are amongst the most time consuming things to create. And a tactical system will be no exception either.
    Dec 28, 2015
  8. Schlangan
    Schlangan
    Yeah. Tactical seems even more complicated since it involves rewriting a lot of things. Yanfly, go work on projectiles action sequence 4 :p
    Dec 28, 2015
  9. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Yanfly - Who said you had time to do anything but make Plug-ins?

The entitled are waiting. :p
    Dec 29, 2015
  10. Shaz
    Shaz
    Are they bumping it because there hasn't been a response yet? Maybe they just want to keep bringing it up until it gets someone to actually say they'll do it. I don't think too many "make me a battle system" requests ever get filled, unless you're willing to pay for it, and even then it's doubtful.
    Dec 29, 2015