RPG Maker Forums

Nirwanda
Nirwanda
I think hardcore gamer is more like someone who loves games and spends a lot of time with them as opposite to a casual gamer who only plays every now and then just to pass time. I don't see a problem with the label. But that's just me.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@Nirwanda - I always see it as labeling people based on the games they play.

Like Candy Crush being for "Casual gamers", Call of Duty for "bro gamers", etc.

I also find that those who consider themselves "hardcore gamers" end up belittling the other groups and putting games they do not like in other categories also.
Kes
Kes
That is not how it is often used. I usually see it used to describe someone who likes a particular style of game play.
Milena
Milena
Same as how we girls label ourselves as girl gamers. I've had arguments with fellow females who say they are better because they're gamer girls and stuff.
taarna23
taarna23
Well, if they're going to have that attitude, all I can think is at least us "filthy casuals" have a life and/or job. I find those that are insanely good at any particular game and consider themselves hardcore don't.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarloFourQuattro