RPG Maker Forums

AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
It has gotten so bad that game journalists are writing articles about a game dev confirming a single-player mode being added (due to "fan" complaints).
byronclaude
byronclaude
I create my projects based on my own unique vision of what I want it to be. Many will find things to complain about... people are masters at complaining. It doesn't mean I have to care about... ...whatever their issue is (most time it doesn't get my time of day)
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@byronclaude - that is what I think dev should be able to do.

A game should not have to have a single-player campaign, open world, 60+ hours in length, a robust multiplayer mode, the right difficulty for everyone or be hounded continuously for being a "rip off" or "waste of money".
byronclaude
byronclaude
I feel you. People in general are hard to please, ESPECIALLY when doing commercial projects. For me, it has always been more about legacy than money. I do plan to use it to make some money... but at the end of the day, it will be my own vision, or nothing at all. Cheer up my friend :) and smile knowing that people are gonna complain no matter what you do. :) Their problem. :)
DustyZiroto
DustyZiroto
People dislike games that are locked multiplayer because they want to take time to learn the game in safe environment with AI that they can easily learn off of. For example, Team Fortress 2 provided single player tutorials, which is why people complain less about there not being single player campaigns. They had an environment to learn the game without being called a scrub by experienced players.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@byronclaude - I just think of why the people are complaining endlessly for a game (generally jealousy toward game devs), if I want to be positive.

Complainers literally go out of there way to hate on a game. Why else would they go out of there way to read a topic/article about the game.
byronclaude
byronclaude
As someone who works in customer service, I have come to learn, people are generally impossible to please. For those who say something good first (the minority) I shower them with both praise and special treatment (and yes, even discounts). It pays to be objective... it costs to be anal. LOL.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@DustyZiroto - most games provide that (that are multiplayer only).

Team Fortress 2 isn't complained about due to it being free-to-play (so they avoid most criticisms as the player technically loses nothing for playing it).
UNphiltered_khaos
UNphiltered_khaos
Because some people cant/dont want to play multiplayer, but want to still experience the game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, finally posted some images to Twitter that I meant to post last year... Better late than never, right?
Just going to leave this here. :LZSexcite:
Going for a spooky theme with my animal crossing home/town. All I gotta do is find that one gravestone recipe out of hundreds for my cemetary ; u;
Asthma has been getting worse because I can't get my paws on a brown (preventer) inhaler. Been without one for over a week now. Struggling to breathe sucks.
I'm wondering, what if I took the time to make a Bee Hive mirco-biome. It sounds cute, and be a home to that hornet monster, but would anyone actually use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinnott