RPG Maker Forums

tearsofthenight
tearsofthenight
i can do mapping!
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Oh? ^.^ Would you like to help with mapping for a horror/suspense game? It's going to be a free game, right now there's no money to be had but credit would surely be given for any help anyone provides. I'd love help if your willing to lend it.
tearsofthenight
tearsofthenight
Sure, I can make the maps in ACE to be converted to MV is that ok?
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Well I don't have any of the ACE images cause I don't own that program so not sure if I can get away with using those. I think I have to stick with RMMV for everything. I'm doing things for parallax mapping so what I need is someone who can go into photoshop or gimp and create the depth from there if that makes sense.
tearsofthenight
tearsofthenight
ah i dont know paralaxing, im so sorry :(
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
It's ok. I appreciate the willingness to help. It probably wasn't helpful to myself that I decided to go for a horror esk game. Which for that to really come off right needs the right atmosphere which I think is going to be easier achieved through parallax mapping. Which is why I'm taking that route with it. Trust me to make things overly complicated for myself from the beginning. XD

Oh but if you like mapping and wanna learn parallax mapping just for yourself and stuff. The tutorials I've been following start here:

I didn't know anything about Parallax mapping until I saw her videos as well. Love her videos, I've thought about messaging her for advice since I've seen her post on here before, but been to shy to do so. >.> But yeah, she's got some awesome videos and she's fun to listen to. ^.^
tearsofthenight
tearsofthenight
thanks for the link!
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Shaz
Shaz
wow, this is a HUGE status update.  This really belongs on the forums.  Also, please don't use the status feed to recruit for your game.
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Erm. I wasn't using it to recruit for the game. It was more like a personal update for myself. Like a journal post for myself... I didn't realize there was limitations to status updates and such. But ok. No worries. Wont do it again.
Shaz
Shaz
yeah, please don't use it as a blog.  If you want to talk about your game dev experience, one of the Project forums would be appropriate, depending on how far along you are.  I know you didn't post for the purpose of recruiting, but your first sentence was "I'm looking for a mapper" and all of the comments so far have been about people filling the mapper role.  Often things that don't start out as a recruitment drive turn into one because people read "I'm looking for a mapper" as a request for help.
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Ah. I see what you mean. I didn't realize there was an actual feed that the status updates went to. I've only looked at my own profile and the forums. Wasn't until you said something I went to go look and see why it was an issue. Once I found the status update thing then it became rather clear. So I do apologize and if there's a way to delete it I will. I kinda compared it more to like how FB works, and only people who are your friends and followers actually get any status updates. At least that's what I thought it did, I was obviously wrong. Teach me to make assumptions. >.>
Shaz
Shaz
lol - nah, everybody sees it :)   People who are following you get notified that you posted it.
Super Shy Gamer Girl
Super Shy Gamer Girl
I suppose though this means I should go make a blog somewhere though. Is it ok if I wanted to let people in on my updates and thoughts to my projects to link to said blog when I make new posts to it in my status feed?
Shaz
Shaz
Here are the status feed rules:

I believe some people do provide links to their blogs when they post updates.  As long as it's not excessive (see rule #6), it should be okay :)

Do you have a project development thread?  I suspect more people would see it if you had one.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zookx1