Comments on Profile Post by Unmercyful

1. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    The 1st page is pretty much the enemy event you have in tutorial 2:

30572.IPB

These are the last 4 pages:

30573.IPB30574.IPB30575.IPB30576.IPB

All I did was take the "if" condition from your event and pasted to my event then took off the "wait" on the Set Movement Route.

The Custom movement route is set to Yanfly's Event Chase:

30577.IPB

You need an Common Event to equip the Gun (Projectile):

30578.IPB

That's about it. I have a On Map  respawnable version for the enemy also.

Like I said in the beginning, I am very new and have learned this from a tutorial  that was made for RPG Maker 2000. So commands and wording were different. If you could give your expertise and maybe we could together clean this up to be a nice running ABS.

Also I have another magic i have learned that are not projectiles but can be used on an event from a distance as long as they are in a "range box".

Let me know what you think and hope this helps you :)
    Jan 31, 2016
  2. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    P.S. If I missed something let me know.
    Jan 31, 2016
  3. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Ohh, almost forgot. If you know of a way to get the the last 4 pages to be called from a common event  or adding it to the 1st page instead of adding 4 extra pages on each mob that would be helpful.
    Jan 31, 2016
  4. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    so how does this work could you possibly post a video of you testing it not sure what i'm doing what do i do with the common event do i call it in a parallel process event or something
    Feb 1, 2016
  5. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    I have the weapon equip still hooked up to my Magic Display Common Event, here theses might help:

30594.IPB30593.IPB30595.IPB

If I knew how to make a video I would. It is pretty sweet. Let me know if I missed anything else.
    Feb 1, 2016
  6. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    OK i just tried it out but it doesn't seem to be inflicting any damage on the enemy when i shoot it looks cool btw
    Feb 1, 2016
  7. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    On the enemy event pages set the enemy variable to decrease , on the screen shots you can see my set variable
    Feb 1, 2016
  8. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Mine in the screen shots are set at -15
    Feb 1, 2016
  9. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    i set it but it doesn't seem to be affecting the variable for some reason
    Feb 1, 2016
  10. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Now if you want to the projectile to go further or not , just adjust the "Move Route" setting on the Revolver event "Custom Route". Longer wait = farther bullets
    Feb 1, 2016
  11. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Is the variable set to the same as the one that is set in the common event Variables for that mobs HP?
    Feb 1, 2016
  12. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    30596.IPB
    Feb 1, 2016
  13. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    I figured it out now i think it was the looping variable common event
    Feb 1, 2016
  14. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    make sure you put an erase event command at the end of those variables in the common event i think it loops if you don't
    Feb 1, 2016
  15. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    Actually, you have to set the variable before the move route in the mob enemy event on all 4 pages because of the switch
    Feb 1, 2016
  16. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    would that be why its doing so much damage?
    Feb 1, 2016
  17. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    no it would do no damage
    Feb 1, 2016
  18. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    Thank you so much for this can't wait to show it off in my next video tomorrow i will be sure to give you a mention
    Feb 1, 2016
  19. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    i said earlier to change wait time in custom route setting, that  is wrong sry. lol just change it on each page for what ever distance you want
    Feb 1, 2016
  20. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    No problem I glad you got it working
    Feb 1, 2016
  21. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    It still needs some tweaks, like the bullets sometimes don't stop at the event and the damage variables

I'm glad you like it though. :)
    Feb 1, 2016
  22. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    the damage variables work you just need to put the before the move route under the conditional branch
    Feb 1, 2016
  23. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    On each page direction page?
    Feb 1, 2016
  24. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    then just take away the hp decrease?
    Feb 1, 2016
  25. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    yes
    Feb 1, 2016
  26. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    Like this

30598.IPB
    Feb 1, 2016
  27. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Feb 1, 2016
  28. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    I sry, what I meant was the ActorATK and EnemyDEF variables to work with the projectile. Right now its just straight damage?
    Feb 1, 2016
  29. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    Do it like this, doesn't seem to work well with my event labels hp system change the actoratk variable to add instead of subtract and get rid of the mini label and the plugin command for it on all pages.

30603.IPB
    Feb 1, 2016
  30. jamalMV
    jamalMV
    also the post you showed me said to put this under the x and y variables of revolver and enemy for each direction

Up = control variable enemy y += 1

Down = control variable enemy y -=1

Left = Control variable enemy x +=1

Right = control variable enemy x -= 1
    Feb 1, 2016
  31. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Lol, good thing I showed you that link. I can see how I missed that, I went through about 12 different tutorials till I could find one that doesn't keep a parallel process running at all times and find one that actually works
    Feb 1, 2016
  32. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    I put those in there and the player stops when touching the event
    Feb 1, 2016
  33. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    hold on, had another experiment going on I forgot to turn off
    Feb 1, 2016
  34. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Looking at your screen shots , Enemy2 page2 last move route still has wait on. My Events do not act right with the waits on. I have not noticed a difference with the skip option but with wait it makes a huge difference for me.
    Feb 1, 2016
  35. Unmercyful
    Unmercyful
    Hey there, I noticed something you might wanna look at. The setting to have the MaxMP variable on the skills common event should be set to Mp of player if not the player is able to cast even if out of MP :) Hope this helps.
    Feb 2, 2016
  36. Shaz
    Shaz
    Please don't use the status feed for this - it's visible to everybody.  If you need game help, just use the forum.  Or PM if you don't want anyone else to see it.
    Feb 2, 2016