RPG Maker Forums

Archeia
Archeia
I know the feel.
KillerGin
KillerGin
@Strange_Dragon_99 and @Archeia, oh yeah? I am curious... what kinds of games are you interested in making? There are tons of videos out there of incredible games that people have made with RPG maker. I am currently making a great game that combines elements of final fantasy, zelda, fall out 4, diablo 3, etc. I keep surprising myself with all the cool things i can fit into the game. I feel there is nothing we cannot do! (aside from multiplayer LMAO). Check out my game guide for all the things I have working in the game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15hiiBmAmyFZRYECWCFNo4FlT4rBJOv9y6fDPGkXKxcg/edit
Gothic Lolita
Gothic Lolita
I'm sorta the same way of thinking. Of Course the makers are awesome, but making a game completly on your own, is allmost impossible in my oppinion. Even you use free to use stuff, like scripts, music and such. But if you use RTP graphics in any RPG Maker, you mostlikely will not get greenlight. :|  (\s/)
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin I've been using RM for almost 13 years haha, There are some stuff that is not possible in RM without costing performance and it is irritating.
KillerGin
KillerGin
I have been working on my game for over a year, making my own engine from scratch using java and it was taking forever! SO I decided to make the leap to RPG Maker MV to speed up the process and the results have been amazing! I am so happy with what I have been able to make in very little time. I have so many awesome features that work incredibly well together. Nothing is going to stop me from commercial release. I will find a way. With a little imagination (and drive) anything is possible! I am currently working on demo 2 as we speak. 
Strange_Dragon_99
Strange_Dragon_99
@KillerGin It's just that that it's VERY difficult to make a game worthy of release. And there are always going to be issues with your game. BUT I won't give up. I just feel discouraged because it takes a long time, I have ideas that I want to pursue and I am doing my game alone. I want to make games like Final Fantasy 4 (2 for the SNES) because that is my favorite RPG ever. But the game I am working on is a project I have been working on for almost 10 months.

I have made games before with the RPG Maker software but the game I am working on now is the first one I plan on releasing to the "public". I want it to be decent, at least. 
KillerGin
KillerGin
@Archeia well yeah, I can picture some things of course but when looking at it from an old school rpg perspective you can do anything lol. There are some sacrifices that we have to make because we are the sole developer (in most cases) but so far I am having a blast and I feel the sky is the limit. 
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin nobody is stopping you. But it doesn't mean RM doesn't have major limitations that makes specific type of games not work as intended or without silly workarounds.
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin Also I dunno why you're telling me this. I know RM for along time now and have worked with it closely and see alot of its flaws.
KillerGin
KillerGin
@Strange_Dragon_99 Oh yeah? The old school final fantasies? We can do what they do plus TONS more! Keep up the hard work! I am going to release my game! Check my game out and I check out yours! This game will be my first and I am confident it will be a good one. Once I am done with demo 2 I plan to put up cash prizes and holding contests for my game. Hopefully RPG Maker MV will have encrypting software done for MV by then lol. @Archeia No matter what engine you use, there will always be pros and cons and work arounds that must be done to do certain things. 
Strange_Dragon_99
Strange_Dragon_99
@KillerGin Listen to Archeia! There are limitations that, until you imagine them, you won't realize exist! She has been using RM longer than most. Respect. :D
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin I can write a huge list of RM's limitations and a lot of gripes I have to work around with when we shouldn't have. I realize a lot of engines have limitations since I also used Unity, GameMaker and Stencyl. But the fact that you have to use plugins for features that were native in Rm2k3 and leaved with a half baked sideview is one of them.
KillerGin
KillerGin
@Archeia and @Strange_Dragon_99 but of course! Nothing but love and respect for everyone! Especially for RPG Web maker staff. ;0). I am just staying positive and optimistic. I am just trying to uplift our fellow community members! Lets game our projects going! Chin up guys. Lets have some fun and make some amazing games! 
KillerGin
KillerGin
@Archeia I hear ya about that. Of course we want to make some great looking battle systems but isn't old school rpg's all about the gameplay? Yanfly creates some amazing scripts that correct most of those problems. 
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin Gameplay and Aesthetics are extremely important part of Game Feel. If the game doesn't feel good to play then it would be easily forgettable and/or meh it's OK. I want each of my hits to feel impact when you hit them on an enemy. I want the player to feel empowered not just by mechanics. This is not just visual issues but RM has gameplay blocking issues that drives us up the wall. I am also friends with Yanfly so I know his stuff yes lol.
Archeia
Archeia
@KillerGin fixing the same issues and adding features that were useful that used to be there for over 6 years (since VX) is irritating for RM Veterans.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurow