RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
that's not something I'm willing to share.  Sorry.
Shaz
Shaz
I will only state that I am old enough to be your mother ;)
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
@OP
Fresh! o_O;
Zeriab
Zeriab
Do you want us to start calling you mother?
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
@Lucky Kid GamingWhy would you want to know that? Just a small piece of advice but women don't typically enjoy that question under most circumstances. The forums age feature is a great  way to pick the girls out from the guys with girly avatars however, as men typically couldn't care less who knows their age.

@Zeriabshe'd probably answer you before she realized what she was doing, I answer random kids cries of 'dad' all the time only to flush with embarrassment when I realize it wasn't one of mine talking, and sometimes remember that they aren't even there to call me.

@ShazI've always thought you were around my age, or a bit older. Probably the fact you're raising a son, I've noticed recently that I tend to equate parents of children with myself easily, and childless young adults as children even though I'm only a few years off being of an age with them myself.
Shaz
Shaz
I think it's safe to not ask personal questions of ANYONE, regardless of gender, until you have established a friendship with them.  I don't so much mind people knowing my age, but the majority of people on forums are complete strangers - it'd be like some random person in the street walking up and asking ... I'm not going to tell them ;)   I believe I have stated somewhere here how old my son is, and how old I was when I had him, so if anyone really wants to know badly enough, it's out there somewhere.

@Zeriab I don't think you'd like it - it would not be painfully torturous to me ;)

@Alexander Amnell you're right - I think we tend to assume people are similar to ourselves when we don't have evidence to the contrary.  I know I'm often surprised when I find out how YOUNG a lot of forum members are.  And then there are some who seem to be young by the way they write and the things they say, and then you discover they're actually quite a bit older, so it works both ways.
Emmych
Emmych
Yeah I'd say it's not really a gender thing.  There are plenty of women and enbys on the forum here who are cavalier with sharing that kind of info.  It's like... it's personal info!  It's weird when your first interaction with someone is "SO HOW OLD ARE YOU?"  At least say hello, first!  Yikes.

(I got a good chuckle out of this status, tho.  It was very endearing, in a way.)
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
It's better than a random stranger going "...... So how's your mom?"
Emmych
Emmych
Unless your mom was recently ill, in which case that's pretty sweet.

...but wait how would they know your mom had been ill

*inception BWAAAAAM*
Shaz
Shaz
This conversation is leading into zones that concern me.  I'm not sure I'm game to keep reading any further responses.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
   I've had complete strangers inquire about my family before, but the only social life I have is lived vicariously through my wife. So I always assume they're one of her friends and try my best not to let them catch on to the fact I have absolutely no clue who they are.
Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des
Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des
Umm Thats My Mum Im Talking About ...Shaz Her Father Is Sick

Totally Diferrent Things

SO I Dont Know

And By The Way Good Luck Everyone
Zeriab
Zeriab
For inquiring about personal information I prefer using the personal message system, rather than the public status update system. Just seems more tactful to me.

@Shaz Good point, wouldn't be much fun XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

…So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaudeSpeeds