RPG Maker Forums

JCBrickston
JCBrickston
Nice work. Had the Commando been here, he'd have given you a marshmallow. He knows the difficulties that lie behind essays. Believe it or not, the Commando was a drop-out in school. Who would have thought that!?

But I saw the icons you uploaded earlier. Very good work, Taarna!
taarna23
taarna23
Heh. So was I, actually. Only graduated from college a couple years ago. Got a good job, but went and missed my bus this morning, ha. Thankfully, I have family that lives nearby and works close to where I do, so I'm being a ride-mooch.
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
I don't like essays... they take FOREVER... So so so boring!
taarna23
taarna23
So is technical writing, aka manuals and tutorials. XD However, I'm pretty good at it, so I get saddled with it at work. May as well also put it to good use in the community.
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Oh... well you do make good tutorials, and if that's what you're good at then Kloe Salutes You!!

"Taarna is awesome! OoooOOOOOOoOOooO"View attachment 36084
taarna23
taarna23
*ties a rope around ghost-kloe's ankle and walks around with a ghost-kloe balloon, and headphones*
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
"NO!! AHHHH!!! GET OFF OF ME, I WANNA FLOAT!!"

But seriously, great tutorial!
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
Nothing wrong with ride mooching. If it didn't exist, then the people who gave rides would complain that they had nobody to mooch one from them. Riders need moochers like moochers need riders haha. I oughta know.

And I never even went to college, truth be told. Graduated from high school at age 17, and pretty much just kept working. All I know is, I've done construction work for too long now, but that chapter in my life will be over shortly. Soon, I'll be a real boy! (and no, my nose did not grow when I said that)
taarna23
taarna23
Haha! If not construction, what will you be doing? Will it feel as good as leaving behind janitorial work?
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
I know what he'll become! A commando!
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
(I realize now that what I wrote at the end looks a little weird haha. But it's nothing more than an innocent Pinocchio joke haha. Rest assured!)

And as of late, while balancing some commission work for video game music, I'm chasing after a deadline so that I can enter a film festival this year. I'm a digital cartoonist at heart, and my goal is to be a completely independent Commando one day, working on my own comedy films and music projects. But as of now, I'm merc-ing like a good Commando does!

Cat's out of the bag now. I don't really blow things up for a living O_O And truthfully, if I did janitorial work, I think I'd be sad when they took my broom and mop from me. I am actually quite skilled in mopsmanship. You could say that on a construction site, I was the man when it came to cleaning up the trash haha.
taarna23
taarna23
Oh, janitorial's fine... Mopping's fine... but then you get to the bathrooms. I WISH the messiest things I'd seen in bathrooms were the result of some ill-timed adult stuff.

That side, I'm pretty sure those of us paying attention got the Pinocchio joke, haha.

Art AND music, that's pretty awesome. Suppose you could always animate some good explosions. That's close, right? I'm a decent graphics editor, but not much of a creator. Also apparently a tutorial/manual writer. Although writing manuals is about as painful and far less interesting than having a nail pulled off. =P
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
Yeah, bathrooms are another thing. When I was 18, I had this brief job at an ice rink, which was cool, because I got to skate free, but speaking that I'm terminally unemployable for long periods of time and have a problem with authority, it didn't last long haha. But either way, I pretty much did anything that needed to be done there. Fortunately, I didn't have bathroom detail much. But I can tell you this. The girl's bathroom was a mess. And there were tons of holes in the wall tiles. They used to take their skates and dig them into the walls when they'd stand around, talking. I am not sure what the purpose of that was (but some of the figure skating girls there told me why the holes were there), but as sad as it sounds, I'd have rather mopped the men's room any day of the week.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's seen Dumbo then :D

Thank you :) Initially I was only into cartooning, but like many others who have big brothers, I followed in my older brother's shoes. He was always into music, and RPG games, and he found this site years ago because of the RPG maker games we own. Either way, he's been here for like three years and he gets consistent work doing music for other people's games, so the Commando followed suit haha. (And no, you wouldn't want to see any RPG Maker games I'd make. It would be like Monty Python meets Goat Simulator haha. And I have a bad habit of starting an RPG game, and then never finishing it. I'm a game hobbyist to a tee.)

But yeah, I do explosions, particles, and all sorts of custom effects for my work. The Commando loves explosions.

But without manuals, a lot of us would be lost! (points finger at self). So I salute you and anyone who helps newbies like me haha. And I can't say I have a lot of experience with entire nails being pulled off, but I've stepped on nails before haha.

Do you really make jewelry, though? That's pretty awesome. I love creating things with my hands. I'm not always the best at it, but it's soothing and flat out inventive!
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Ghost of Christmas Kloe
Our teachers threatened us with cleaning teh girls bathroom once... That shut everyone up!(T_T)
taarna23
taarna23
Yup, I do. I haven't for a while, though. I need to get back into it again. I used to just do beads and basic wire, but then I found a book, got ideas, and my family made no effort to stop this particular crazy person from obtaining a torch and caustic acids. Now I do silver filigree and I love it. I need to do more, get a credit card and get to sellin' online. There's already so many things I like to do and just not enough hours in a day.

I played with a particle effect generator at one point. Was pretty neat. Lately I play with music software for the not-musically-inclined called Music Maker. It may not be an ideal music solution, but I should be able to make something interesting, anyway, at least for projects of my own.

Also, the way games are right now... Monty Python meets Goat Simulator would probably sell.
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
That's awesome! I have seen some amazing works and trinkets, and it always baffles me how folks can be so skilled as to put it all together, little at a time, speaking that I have trouble getting Elmer's glue to work right haha. But I have respect for anyone who has that kind of skill. And yes, you should definitely sell that online if you enjoy it. Life's too short to not do what you love :) And there's never enough time in a day to do everything we want. That's the burden all humans face haha.

But it's a family's duty to support eachother, even when it comes to torches and possibly burning down the house. My parents should be in a straight jacket after putting up with me as a boy.

And I am a huge supporter of the 'Do it yourself' mentality. Being completely stubborn and determined, if something interests me, I learn how to do it for myself, and I just keep practicing until I am capable of holding my own at it. I'm self taught in everything I do. And while I may not be great at anything, I am good at what I spend my time doing. I once heard a very funny and multi-talented comedian say that, and I couldn't agree more. It shows confidence, but it allows no room for arrogance.

I've heard of Music Maker, but I've never dabbled with it. Being financially challenged often finds me using my old, now outdated software programs haha.
taarna23
taarna23
The part about the jewelry I do that baffles me is apparently it's supposed to be some of the hardest for even professional jewelers to do. That one confuses me. Put wire shapes in pleasing pattern, add solder, melt solder. I'm mostly certain if I burned down my place my mom would let me sleep on the couch. Maybe.

For me, learning something new ends up being considered in relation to how much time I would have to devote to it. Some things are just too dang long. Maybe down the road there's time to wedge them in.

Music Maker Jam is free, and even offers sets of free stuff to create with, which I totally didn't keep when reinstalling it to try others so that I could try them in the full version of the program. I definitely wouldn't do that. Nope. *cough*

My kind of jewelry, if a little sideways:

o7823c.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif
It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwiras