Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. taarna23
    taarna23
    Windows Defender + the following:

[*]No sketchy websites

[*]No sketchy downloads

[*]Semi-regular checks of task manager to ensure no sketchy processes

[*]Semi-regular check of Chrome extensions to ensure no sketchy addons

[*]Adblock, adblock, adblock. Seriously.

The only thing I picked up in years has been adware addons, and generally only after I take pity on sites I like and disable my adblocker. My brother uses 360 Total Security, but sketchy websites may as well be his middle name. x_x
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    Pretty solid protection there. I totally forgot to mention Adblock, which is a must have of course.
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. taarna23
    taarna23
    Eh, some would disagree. But really, ads are the biggest worry when you're not much of a downloader. I know a lot of sites rely on them for the income to keep running, but seriously. They aren't worth the risk to unblock anymore.
    Apr 12, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Dalph
    Dalph
    Agreed, popup ads can slow down a computer or even cause crashes and loss of data.

I've been personally using Windows Defender for years and never had any problems with it, I just wanted something with more features, that's why I got 360.
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    for myself I have norton then...avast but eh ...I use iobit defender :)  
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Luiishu535
    Luiishu535
    I use Avira. It does its job for me.
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Never heard of 360. I used to have a paid antivirus, but it expired, and ever since then I've been making do with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. It's free and pretty nice, though some features are premium.
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I would use anything but Norton or Webroot.

Those two kill viruses, by acting like viruses and slow computer down (especially Norton). 

When my old computer got 10% faster after I uninstalled Norton, I dropped that antivirus right in the trash (well recycle bin).
    Apr 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.