Scythuz
Scythuz
*hugs*
Shaz
Shaz

One day at a time :)
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
Aww, Shaz. I'm sending you all my positive energy. Here, take my energy! 
Gothic Lolita
Gothic Lolita
*hugs shaz*
I know that only too well, my HDD and DVD-Drive died at once. But sadly no back up for me. :(
But luckly I have now a SSD, small, but enough for the beginning. :D
And I hope your dad feels better soon. (\ô/)
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
   They both died at once? If it's not a shoddy product then that is one hell of a coincidence in and of itself.

I'd give you all my energy as well if I really could, repeat hospitalization can be nearly as taxing on the rest of the family as it is on the person receiving treatment, sadly. Stay strong and keep going forward, unfortunately sometimes that's all you can really do.
Shaz
Shaz
One is used very seldomly and was still packed away from when we moved.  The other I used regularly and was working that morning.  We needed to do a backup of some stuff on my son's computer, so we got out the unused one (which was working prior to our move) and attached it to his computer.  It wouldn't work.  So then I got mine, knowing it was working at that very moment, and hooked it up to his machine.  Not only did it not work on his computer, but when I took it back to my desk, it wouldn't work for me any longer either.  I actually should have added one more to that list.  My husband's, which was also working, didn't work on Zach's, but it did still work on Mark's when he took it back, until he tried to copy the files over the network, at which point he started getting 'drive corrupt' type errors.  So that one is on its way out now as well.  That's 5 Western Digital external drives that have all failed within 2 years of purchase (the original two were a few years ago).  I'm going with the shoddy product theory.
Shaz
Shaz
@Sassy Saddles that's a pain, not having any backup.  I'm pretty slack when it comes to making backups too.  These drives contained whole-computer backups taken at a point where I was switching computers, or the latest, when I had to reformat and reinstall Windows.  I'd be in trouble if my computer just died suddenly.  I really should take backups more seriously.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oirammm18