RPG Maker Forums

Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
Same. I still check my Skype periodically for messages but I'm almost all on Discord now. Skype kept messing with my audio stuff and it was turning into a huge, heaping mess.
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
Did Skype get worse or is Discord just better?
Ms Littlefish
Ms Littlefish
I think a bit of column A, column B. Skype definitely got worse. And the Discord team is constantly adding new features every week or so. It's still pretty new and technically still in alpha, but the developers seem to keep in touch very well. And I love that it's a lighter application.
Scythuz
Scythuz
Discord is wonderful~
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
Hmmm... Wonderful, new, developers add new features and ARE responsive? *Download*

:p I was sold at "Not Microsoft"
VideoWizard
VideoWizard
Microsoft is just hitting it out of the park right now!

-Discontinues Xbox 360 after telling people that if they couldn't get online to use Xbox One, they had a product for them called the Xbox 360. It still has been selling roughly half of what the Wii U sells each month, at least in North America.

-Windows 8 gets terrible backlash, 8.1 releases only to be replaced by Windows 10, which gives constant nags to upgrade to Windows 10.

-Xbox One seems to be on the way out, too, based on posts on NPD day (usually the third Thursday of the month). Usually their PR statement doesn't mention the Xbox One anymore, and focuses on install base or number of hours played in said month.

-Skype is getting worse and worse with each update, and will no longer work on Windows 7 or earlier starting in July.

-OneDrive gets cut from 15GB to 5GB for free users.
??????
??????
Discord really is awesome ^_^
Bonkers
Bonkers
Which chat room are you at?  Send me a link invite please.
EternalShadow
EternalShadow
Banana: see the reply above yours :)
AwesomeCool
AwesomeCool
@VideoWizard - They stopped officially sharing Xbox One numbers for it was selling worse then the Wii U and Stockholders would not like that (they are trying other "methods" to show the systems performance). Which is pretty manipulative thing to do to a companies stockholders (although Microsoft is manipulation at this point).

You should add the new Windows store to that list also (a terrible attempt to try and get people more accepting of a closed platform idea).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigajaba