Comments on Profile Post by Rikifive

1. GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Ugh! I just had to do that too. I scooped up some more resources but they were all over the place so I had to reorganize the folders. How do you organize yours? I went something like dlc>Graphics>Battlers>Artist'sName that way I know if I used a battler from an artist I also have to add in their name to the credits.
    May 1, 2016
  2. GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Sorry for the double post, wish we could edit :D

Actually, I went DLC>ResourcePack>Graphics>Battlers>Artist'sName.
    May 1, 2016
  3. Rikifive
    Rikifive
    No worries! And I know that feeling. ^^

Before, I had all my menu graphics located in /Graphics/Menus, but I didn't expect, that there will be that many files. It started to be really confusing.

Now I have multiple folders like:

/Graphics/Menu_Base -> contains files used in multiple menu scenes

/Graphics/Menu_Main -> contains files used in main menu

/Graphics/Menu_Inventory -> contains files used in inventory menu

etc. etc.

I've also removed some default directories, because I won't be using them.

It is kinda 'spammy', but it's way much easier to find files when needed. =P
    May 1, 2016
  4. GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Oh that's a good idea too if you have a ton of different graphics like that. I am not using that many (yet lol) so I just have the default ones like Graphics>Battler, Graphics>Faces, etc. I'll have to keep your system in mind if I end up expanding like that.
    May 1, 2016
  5. Rikifive
    Rikifive
    As for keeping Artist's names ~ I have a Resource Folder on my desktop.

There are multiple folders divided into categories inside.

And each image has a txt file next to it with an author's name and link.

If there are more resources created by one person, then I'm making a folder with his name and keeping all the files inside with a txt file.

Now in the game's folders I have txt files in each folder with graphics, where I'm storing authors' names and what files belong to him, so if I'll be removing a file, I'll remove the file from the txt file as well.
    May 1, 2016
  6. GreyStone84
    GreyStone84
    Ya, I have that too. In the Artist's file, I have a copy of their Terms of Services in each of the folders I have for them. Then, if I use their graphics, I have a master "Credits" list where I put their name and the name of their work(s) I use. That way if I don't use their work, I just take it out of the Credits list.
    May 1, 2016