Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. Balako
    Balako
    what bothers me most is they dont choose best answer and the question is labled "unanswered" even when it is
    May 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. LadyHammer
    LadyHammer
    Some users haven't used a forum system with likes before (I haven't) and might not even realize it's there. It doesn't exactly jump out at you.
    May 2, 2016
  3. Balako
    Balako
    i havent but it wasnt that hard to figure it out...in fact this is my first forum experince...and first before everything i read the rules @.@
    May 2, 2016
  4. LadyHammer
    LadyHammer
    It still doesn't mean that just because you had a perfectly swell time figuring it out that everyone else will. Everyone is different and no one is not liking things out of malice. But if a user is new and is probably only sticking around to get a few answers, there's a pretty good chance that they don't know the ropes around here. And that's okay as long as they don't break the rules lol.
    May 2, 2016
  5. Balako
    Balako
    but thats the thing ....they have to read the rules first so they not break them =\
    May 2, 2016
  6. LadyHammer
    LadyHammer
    They SHOULD read the rules but to be honest I'm sure a lot of them are just trying to exercise common sense. "Don't be rude, be clear with what you're asking, don't necropost, say thanks, try to post in a relevant forum" etc. On that string, you'd think that "don't double post" would be common sense too, but oh well...
    May 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. Dalph
    Dalph
    I didn't mean newbies of course, it's quite obvious that new users aren't familiar with the rules yet.
    May 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    Mmm... I know some people prefer commenting and saying they like something over actually giving a like, so that might be a part of it. I still think it's nice to show a little appreciation that way, though!  :)
    May 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I would also say that most people probably dont know about the functions on the forums, but I do agree however that liking or giving feedback is a small but amazing step to give motivation to people!

I agree with Balako too, the most annoying thing is when people don't put best answers. Its probably cause they have no knowledge about it, but I dont know how many times I have helped someone with an answer, and people still post 10+ posts with the excact same answer. Not that it's great to have several aspects of the question, but when a question has been answered with a clear answer Its pretty annoying to see so many posts with the excat same answer :p
    May 2, 2016
    4 people like this.
  10. Susan
    Susan
    May 2, 2016
    3 people like this.
  11. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    @Susan That makes sense! :o ;)   
    May 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. Susan
    Susan
    @Dark_Metamorphosis: Everything makes perfect sense in the grander scheme of things. ;)

(Like me having to wait for likes to recharge so that I can like the above post... :| )
    May 2, 2016
    2 people like this.
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://orig13.deviantart.net/70d3/f/2013/357/5/8/terminatorlike_deviant_by_naolito-d6z0t27.jpg

Who watched Terminator 2 will understand the refence.
    May 2, 2016
    7 people like this.
  14. Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    @Dalph™ heh heh heh heh that reference game is strong.

I dunno. I just think it's nice to occasionally spam people with likes when I think they deserve more.  :)
    May 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       I used to not give likes because I honestly didn't care about them one way or the other (and still don't really), but when I started actually getting active on the forum I realized it's really cool to have those once in a while posts that I really think about while writing up that get a dozen or so, especially in topics that move so fast that it's otherwise difficult to tell whether anyone actually read the post or not. So I try to like anything I find myself nodding my head to now, and pretty arts.
    May 2, 2016
    3 people like this.
  16. Shaz
    Shaz
    Why can't some users say thank you?  They can report the thread and say it's been solved and should be closed, but when I go to close it, the last post is the person who helped them - they don't even bother to come back and say it worked :(
    May 2, 2016
    6 people like this.
  17. Susan
    Susan
    ^ This is one of RMW's most unsolved mysteries of all time. 

(This, and the fact that some questions will remain 'unsolved' despite being given tons of workable solutions)   ;) .
    May 2, 2016
    3 people like this.