Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Yep, thats how I see it too. I stoped playing the game after Wotlk, and I'm glad I did. The game today seem nothing like it started out. I just remember the first time starting up vanilla WoW, its my greatest mmo moment ever tbh :D
    May 3, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I did the same and I agree completely, that's when WoW shined the most (during and before the Wrath of the Lich King era). They should've ended it with Arthas being defeated instead of dragging it with useless expansions for years and years, they even resurrected Illidan and Archimonde and introduced an alternate Gul'dan (from another universe), what a joke.
    May 3, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. Susan
    Susan
    Pandas are good. Pandas are life. Long live pandas~
    May 3, 2016
    3 people like this.
  4. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/092/706/Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Susan
    Susan
    https://mrmondialisation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/GVWp1TV.png
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Had my best WoW moments with The Burning Crusade tbh, it was the first expansion and the excitememnt of entering the portal into Outlands was just... And since you had more knowledge of the game when TBC came out, it was also a big factor since you could experience more content. Illidan was a fan favourite for me too, after playing Warcraft 3 and the expansion so it was pretty cool. Even though I would say that I have my best memories from playing Vanilla WoW, it was just such a cool experience. First time you entered Stormwind or Orgrimmar, and seeing all this level 60 characters with their mounts while you yourself was running around in the starting area with a shabby 2-handed sword xD

I wish I could have that feeling again, the first days in vanilla WoW :D

And the animated movies of Blizzard are always so dayum epic, this one with Arthas is the best one in WoW in my opinion. I think they have done somea really BAD choices with the expansions after the wotlk though, it went downhill after cataclysm.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    @Susan Sneezing pandas, cute pandas, pandas are life indeed. But WoW pandas? Never thought it fit the warcraft universe... especially when they remind me of kung fu panda.
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. Dalph
    Dalph
    I agree about TBC, Blizzard animated movies and Illidan, but they shouldn't have resurrected him again now with Legion, I dislike when they recycle old and dead characters like that. I guess WoW was amazing back then also because it was something new and fresh and it didn't have too much content and race\classes like today, also back then being at level 60 (the max) really mattered something, today if you don't team with a lot of other players you won't go anywhere.

I was fine with pandarens in Warcraft 3 (probably because there was only a hero of that race) but seeing them all as their own race feels so dayum weird yeah (can't take them seriously)
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Dalph
    Dalph
    Also with Legion the level cap raised to 110, it's getting really ridiculous to me.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. Susan
    Susan
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. Susan
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. Balako
    Balako
    then there is me...never played WoW
    May 4, 2016
    3 people like this.
  13. Susan
    Susan
    @Balako: Neither have I... not since Warcraft 2. ;)

Poking was the funnest part of the game~
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. Balako
    Balako
    "POKE POKE POKE, IS THAT ALL YOU DO!?"
    May 4, 2016
  15. Susan
    Susan
    And thus, Pokemon was born~  BD
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. Dalph
    Dalph
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/N4KyLf7sn-8/maxresdefault.jpg
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Susan
    Susan
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/Apples246blarg/four-1.png
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  18. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Weren't you the Lich King at one point Dalph?  I heard you had an ice time!
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. Dalph
    Dalph
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/c7/14/17c71457ae8989811e79b085053cf8cd.jpg
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Ah I see, you don't want anyone to know ;)
    May 4, 2016
  21. Susan
    Susan
    ^ This is as 'irrelephant' as it gets. ;)
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  22. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Well, that escalated quickly ;)
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  23. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Ah so Susan is in on it too!
    May 4, 2016
  24. taarna23
    taarna23
    I don't mind the pandaren, they just feel sorta shoehorned in (they were never big players in lore; just kinda those guys over there that made beer). At least that expansion brought some nice mounts. I started playing again, but am already not really wanting to again. In order to fly in the newest place, they want me to gain all the rep, see all the places, collect many of the things, and do most of the "optional" things. I never gain all the rep. It's boring.
    May 4, 2016
  25. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I think I wouldn't have time to be as active as I was back in the days though, so I would probably be one of those casuals. But even being a casual in todays WoW seems so incredibly boring, and if you want to go the hardcore path too, It's not really much to aim for there either. So WoW doesn't interest me one bit anymore.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  26. Shuji
    Shuji
    One thing that always get me back to start playing again is the music. Whenever I hear a music of WoW I immediatly want to play again ( And it happens once or twice every year xD )  
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  27. taarna23
    taarna23
    That's pretty much what happened to me... But this time around I finally achieved a goal of mine for a number of years (Ashes of Al'ar) and then returned to main game stuff to find they expect me to do nasty grindy crap. So, I'm bored again and went to play FFXIV.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  28. Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I never tried this one but did try Dungeons and Dragons. But they only gave you one island for free. Being a paid service I would think the fans would come first but like other companies are doing (Square coff) Whatever it takes to make money. Screw the fans.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  29. Archeia
    Archeia
    Arthas dying is when my heart broke ;_;
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  30. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    @Archeia When our guild finally killed Arthas, we were cheering with joy! But I see what you mean.
    May 4, 2016
  31. Balako
    Balako
    @Archeia arthas died when he accepted frostmourne pact, thats what happens when you dont read terms and conditions
    May 4, 2016
  32. Archeia
    Archeia
    @Balako I meant the character Arthas himself. He's gone forever after WotLK when he's my favorite protag/antagonist.
    May 4, 2016
  33. Balako
    Balako
    @Archeia illidan is a better build character *dunno about WoW im speaking WC3 strictly here >.>*

!! boo arthas and his midget killing shinanigans!!! *seriously sacrificing your midget friend so you can swing a cold blade!?*
    May 4, 2016
  34. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    They might ressurect him too  :popcorn:
    May 4, 2016
  35. Archeia
    Archeia
    If he gets resurrected that would be so cheap.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  36. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Think they have done cheap moves a while now, so that path would suit them. (It hurts saying that, I love warcaft!)
    May 4, 2016
  37. Dalph
    Dalph
    @Balako:

How is Illidan a better build character than Arthas (in Warcraft 3) when you barely control him in only a few missions, while u can control Arthas in 2 full campaigns and see him evolve and change through the story?

Honestly Illidan is okish as a character but clichè, he's like "Oh I'm dark and brooding and can't get the girl",

I always found him quite boring in all honest and his story never really interested me particularly, on the other hand Arthas has a much more interesting backstory and development, he is a tragic hero who tried to give up everything to save his people but ended up killing them and becoming a villain. To not count the fact that World of Warcraft: Arthas: Rise of the Lich King is also a much better book than World of Warcraft: Illidan in my opinion.
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  38. Dalph
    Dalph
    *3 campaigns (counting The Frozen Throne).
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  39. Dalph
    Dalph
    About the resurrection, they won't resurrect Arthas because he is gone forever. He is not a demon like Illidan who can't really die (and is sent back to the Twisting Nether) but since they introduced alternate universes (with alternate Gul'dan) it's possible that an alternate version of him might appear in the future (who maybe isn't even corrupted).
    May 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  40. Dalph
    Dalph
    Also Muradin is not dead. Arthas didn't sacrifice anyone, it is revealed in WoW that he was just being knocked out unconscious and survived.
    May 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  41. Balako
    Balako
    @Dalph™ well yea in warcraft 3 he isnt that interesting =\

i guess only if you know his entire story he is very interesting, also maiive shadow song has the most interesting drive to me...

Illidan was predestined to be the greatest of his clan because his ember eyes, it was a sign of greatness in nightelves, and when the legion was about to invade through the well of eternity he joins them, everyone labled him as a traitor but he did it firstly to gain, true he wanted to be with the "girl" but he isnt jealous driven against his brother, and even helps them time after time, he got fueds with furion but still its a brotherly thing rather than envy.

while maiive is only personal preference, i find her story to catch illidan out of venegance extremely fitting

he didnt kill his midget friend!? yay for surviving midgets with hammers!!
    May 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  42. Balako
    Balako
    ok for some reason i forgot to type anything after gain so i sound lke a rambling blabbering idiot >.>

anyways, illidan past before he got jailed for ten thousand is what made him interesting to me
    May 5, 2016