Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. JacobM
    JacobM
    I used my iPad for GarageBand  and music ideas on the go... that's the only use I get out of it lol
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. cabfe
    cabfe
    You can't find reason in fanatics. It's the very meaning of the word.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. mlogan
    mlogan
    I have an iphone because someone gave me their older model one when they upgraded. And then, when that one died, I wanted to keep my apps and such, and I was familiar with it at that point. So in short: free > familiarity.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Dalph
    Dalph
    Also lack of micro SD card slot for every Iphone, whyyyyyyy...

Why I'm forced to buy the most expensive model only if I want more space?

And even in that case there will be a limit (of 64 or 128gb)
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I've long wondered this too. I had an mp3 player that wasn't by apple...amazing device. Only reason I still don't use it is I lost the charger for it, and no one made that charger anymore. But, when that happened, it was all ipod, so I bought one, hated the silly thing, as it lacks basics that my other player had.
    May 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. Hudell
    Hudell
    I used an iPhone 4 for about a week when it came out, couldn't stand it not having decent multi task (despite the big selling point of iPhone 4 was the multi task), then got an Android for a while, but I didn't like it that much either (too unstable at that time). The following year I got a windows phone, which is basically a midlle ground between android and iOS and I was happy with it for several years. Now I'm thinking about going back to android, because windows phone 10 has too many bugs.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. taarna23
    taarna23
    Similar to mlogan, I had gotten an iPod Touch 5th Gen while I was in school - I was getting tired of only finding crappy media players with crappier battery life - being able to do apps and stuff was a huge bonus seeing as my cell phone plan was "dad pays for it so he can find me without trying to rely on my lies-her-ass-off sister" and did not include anything remotely modern for a phone. When it was time to pay my own way once school was done and budget was balanced, I got an iPhone so I could keep the stuff I already had. Transition was as simple as do the automatic backup when plugging in the iPod, plug in the phone, and click yes when it asks if I want to restore from the iPod backup. I can always get other devices to fit my Android/Dev needs.

Arguably, one could ask why people insist on paying the same kind of prices as Apple devices for big-brand Android hardware when there are far cheaper alternatives that are not necessarily marketed here.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    It's a combination of Brand Loyalty, Recognition, and Convenience. As several people here have said they have music, apps and videos all on there account already so it would make much sense to jump ship and rebuild everything from the ground up. The store, although bland and cluttered, has everything that a modern media person would want all in one location. And the media trend have hyped up apple products that it's a status symbol to say that you have a iphone 6s360.4 and apple watch/neck collar.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. taarna23
    taarna23
    I suppose I should mention for anyone that doesn't feel like shelling out for big-brand stuff, Cubot seems to be a good cell phone brand. Just make DOUBLE SURE that the bands the phone can access match up with those of your provider. My brother needed a new phone, so for about $150 US, I got him one. Small phablet size, good battery life, great sound, proper play store support. The part that blew my mind is it came with a basic phone case and a plastic screen protector installed, with a glass screen protector in the box. The only bad part was because it was marketed to Europe, it came with a European plug with the round prongs and the flimsiest looking adapter for North American plugs I have ever seen. We just used the phone charger plug he already had.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. Susan
    Susan
    Battery life and responsiveness, personally. I have a 2 year old ipad that still survives 8-12 hours per charge and has no OS sudden death so far. I admit that I'm pretty brutal with my ipad and charge it daily, sometimes leaving it plugged in while using it. I need something that can survive a full day's use for reasons. ;)

Programs and games are usually well optimized but that wasn't the selling point for me. Neither are brand names nor fashion. Also, it has downsides like requiring itunes for moving almost anything on and off the iOS devices, and a Mac to deploy programs for them. Pretty much an inconvenient walled garden.
    May 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. mlogan
    mlogan
    "Reasons", huh? ;)
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. SPP
    SPP
    It's because of support for it. The Iphone has the app store where there are lots of apps and games and some people only publish to the app store because it is more profitable and beneficial to them as more people buy stuff from the app store than from the android google playstore or windows store. There are also lots of accessories for it, you can easily find an iphone case compared to other phones. I personally prefer android though because the UI of the iphone feels weird to me, don't know about the new iphones though.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Loyalty, something that no consumer should ever should use as a reason for buying something (companies change over time and Apple is not the same as it was with Steve Jobs).  I have seen people feel guilty comparing Apple to another product (like Apple deserves some sort of tribute as a god).

Of course, there are probably time when an apple product is the better buy and the best choice(but not because of loyalty).

Also, no, Loyalty tends to be a factor in many consumers minds when looking for the best product, not just Apple fans (not even just smart phones)

...and tends to let companies be able to stop focusing on quality for long periods of time (till the loyalty starts going away and then they start focusing again).

Ex: Every popular console falls from grace after the third console release (ex: Atari, Nintendo, Sony and MS's Xbox 360 which lasted 2 generations).  Why?  The quality decline finally reaches a level to be more important then the customer loyalty the brand had (the quality drop did not happen over night).
    May 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    now that I think about it, it is really funny how all console manufacturers followed the same pattern after getting popular...
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Hudell
    Hudell
    Uhh.. All 4 of sony consoles were the most popular of their time (except for the time while Wii was popular). And xbox was never popular outside america. And Nintendo usually loses for taking high risk bets instead of losing quality.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Hudell - The Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 till the final year (and was a really big gap between the two for 5 to 6 years).  The PS3 was also one of the factors in Sony suffering financially for a time (was a big flop and Sony spent a lot of money to turn it around).  The PS3 is also the reason that the PS4 is playing it so safe (they did not take any risks at all and ensured they made a profit from each one).

Heck, the PS3 was made fun of heavily for years.  With an entire Sony E3 conference mocked to this day (Ex: Giant Enemy Crab, RIIIDDGE RACER, etc).

Finally, the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation lasted two generations in length (and the systems had much different ecosystems for the last 5 years), so I consider Sony screwing up on the third generation.
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Susan
    Susan
    @mlogan: It's not what you think. XD

....and so the eternal Android vs iOS war continues... 

Next up: Samsung vs Lenovo vs HP vs Huawei vs Acer vs <insert any brand that uses Android OS here>.
    May 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  18. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://www.businesscomputingworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Apple-vs.-Android.jpg
    May 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  19. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://i0.wp.com/images.lazygamer.net/2013/08/wpid-amd-vs-intel-2.jpg?resize=730%2C547
    May 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  20. Dalph
    Dalph
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Dk6LpT8XkJ8/hqdefault.jpg
    May 14, 2016
    4 people like this.
  21. mlogan
    mlogan
    @Susan I have a feeling, though, that it at least plays a part. :p
    May 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  22. Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I have worse. I actually bought a windows phone. :o   I thought that if I bought a phone that was not a iphone I would end up with a droid. :headshake:
    May 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  23. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    38096.IPB

I have always used Android so I cant say too much about apple. All I know is that I'm not very fond of apple computers so I looked at android when I got my very first smartphone.

38097.IPB
    May 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  24. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Double post image as well  :rock-left: :| . When I think I cant fail anymore, I step it up another notch :D
    May 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.