Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. Dalph
    Dalph
    Now that I think about it, I made already a status like this but more than one year ago, ahahah.
    May 20, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    They are probably trying to get people that like other games to like there game (and failing at it).

Like why JavaScript has Java in it (it was named at a time when Java was the biggest language on the block with it's coffee logo goodness).

or because they are lazy and just pick songs from games they played (can't put to much effort in to the game, it might become good after all).
    May 20, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yeah, I know the legal issue doesn't bug a lot of people (it really should). But, to me using ripped resources undermines your own game and shows me you care very little about it. When I hear the FFIV boss theme I don't think about your game; I think about FFIV.
    May 20, 2016
    5 people like this.
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    @AwesomeCool Ha! There are theories floating around that if Oracle wins vs Google that JavaScript is next on the "Oracle destroys programming" to-do list.
    May 20, 2016
    4 people like this.
  5. taarna23
    taarna23
    On topic... it's probably because it's easier, they already look/sound pretty, a lot of people are trying to make "a 2D version of popular 3D RPG X," they're trying to make a sequel, the list goes on. Often, however, it's "I'm broke and I like that stuff so I'll use it."
    May 20, 2016
    4 people like this.
  6. ShinNessTen
    ShinNessTen
    I actually use Soundtracks from other games. :X

But not because i want to steal others works, it's because i want to show the composer what kind of Soundtrack i would like in my game. And it's just filling in the emptiness in my game, until i can find a composer that makes original tracks for me.

So far i've asked one, just gotta wait for his/her response.
    May 20, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       I don't even understand the "I'm broke" argument, I'm also broke, functionally when referring to game design yet there is always Newgrounds. It's not unique either but at least it's legal, free and largely untapped with plenty of tracks that few people playing your game will have ever heard before.

We have a plethora of options to allow people to fulfill their dreams on the cheap, yet still people turn to piracy for their needs and even have the nerve to moralize it after the fact, as if being a thief means you're a victim...though everyone everywhere seem to be victims these days.
    May 20, 2016
    5 people like this.
  8. taarna23
    taarna23
    @Alexander Amnell Never said I understand it, but that's often the argument. It seems like people using that argument place it on the same level as, say, stealing food for your starving family.

The RTP exists for a reason. These people need to suck it up and use it. I have all the older RTP content, and got pretty much all of that on the cheap. If you can't hack job something together from that that at least is representative of what you want to do, well... Maybe game dev isn't your thing...
    May 20, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    I only have one thought when it comes to people stealing resources:

38437.IPB
    May 20, 2016
    6 people like this.
  10. View most recent comments