Comments on Profile Post by Snow White

1. Celianna
    Celianna
    European countries that do not dub their media to their native language are all very fluent in English :)
    May 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Aww, aren't you just the sweetest of them all, @Snow White? :wub:  

I still make a lot of mistakes, specifically grammar. Grammar's hard :(  But yes, it's as @Celianna says; we don't dub our movies, unless they are meant for (little) children.

Japanese was my major at University by the way. :)  (Where I wrote an awesome bachelorpaper about Japanese and Western fairytales, because what else did you expect from Little Red Riding Hood? ;)  )

Yep, though it's not too bad, as lately the Big Bad Wolf has been quieter. What's up with that @Dalph™?
    May 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. Iliketea
    Iliketea
     ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥Dutch is soooooooooo adorable ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
    May 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that @Iliketea ^^;
    May 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Iliketea
    Iliketea
    No, it really is *-*

And its so ultra cute if someone whose native language is dutch speaks German!

♥♥♥♥ Pure SUGAR ♥♥♥♥
    May 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Snow White
    Snow White
    Aww, @slimmmeiske2 you're making me blush :wub:

And don't worry about little mistakes, English is just one of those languages that doesn't make sense, especially when grammar is concerned  :rswt: (Japanese is far more logical)

And I love fairytales! (if you couldn't tell by my username ;) ) I haven't read as many of the Japanese ones though, 'cause well, I can't read Japanese, I suppose I could always find some good translations  :cutesmile:

And yes @Celianna's right, one of my brothers lives in Slovenia and he said that they only Dub the children's shows, everything else is in English (which is good, 'cause he didn't fully understand slovene when he first went over :rswt: )

I'm still impressed when someone can write in two languages though :D (When I try to translate any of my writing, I tend to sound like a clueless Alien who skipped grammar class :p (I suppose I need more practice :rswt: )

And I know what you mean about Dalphie, he seems, quieter then normal, I wonder if he's stopped being "big and bad" and has found a new path for his life? . . .

Nah, he's probably just pretending to be someone else's Grandma for a bit, maybe he wanted a change of nightgown :p
    May 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Dalph
    Dalph
    I wonder if he's stopped being "big and bad" and has found a new path for his life? . . .
    May 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. Snow White
    Snow White
    @Dalph™ *Laughs* I assume you were just off eating dressing as someone else's Grandma then :p (now I think about it, you can't stop being dark, then you'd just be Ralph! ;) (and you've already trademarked that username, so . . . ))
    May 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Susan
    Susan
    Beware! He has something evil in mind. Silence holds bad tiding for others from the likes of the Big Bad Wolf. 
    May 24, 2016
    3 people like this.
  10. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Snow White I read some of the tales from The Japanese Fairy Book by Yei Theodora Ozaki, though those do have more prose and were (slightly) adapted for Western audiences. I suggest reading/searching for the following tales as they are the most famous ones: Momotaro (or Peach boy), Urashimataro, Kintaro and The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter (or The Moon Princess and the Bamboo Cutter/Tale of Princess Kaguya). Ghibli made an amazing anime movie of the Princess Kaguya one, if you're interested. If you like watching anime, a few years ago an anime called Folktales from Japan (Furusato Saisei) started airing. It has around 2 or 3 folktales each episode and they are apparently at episode 215 now.

Reading books/stories/etc in the language you're trying to write helps a lot. (I should follow my own advice and read more Japanese though ^^; My writing's a lot like the clueless Alien you mentioned before)

@Dalph™ Sounds like you've been lurking in the shadows again.
    May 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. Snow White
    Snow White
    Thank you @slimmmeiske2 , now I know which ones to read first  :cutesmile:

I remember hearing Momotaro mentioned before, (I can't remember where though) so I looked it up then, I remember it being a cute story. Then again, I might be remembering it wrong, it was a long time ago I read it :rswt: (or maybe It's because I've read too many fairytales (you kinda get deaded to the weirdness after awhile :p ))

I also remember the Ghibli movie being advertised, but I've never read  the tale of Princess Kaguya, so I had no idea what it was  :rswt:

Those two are definitely on my "to read" list now :cutesmile:

Also, I'm starting to think that @Dalph™ sold his soul to a demon in exchange for the power to have a youtube video/gif for any situation :p (or he is the all mighty gif demon who people sell there souls to ;) (but really Dalph, where do you keep getting all these videos from?!)
    May 24, 2016