Comments on Profile Post by Dark_Metamorphosis

1. J_C
    J_C
    I use a seperate text file for every map, and in the file I seperate every event like this:

#EV001

#----------------------------------------

Then I write the text I need. Works pretty good so far. :)
    May 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Ye so far I'm using folders for each of my locations and in the order they appear in my project - for example: 002 - Forest of Pluvia, and then I have subfolders with map ID for all the seperate maps in that area, and all the events in text documents starting with Ev 001 - (event name). 

I'm just not sure if I shall organize it even more with sub folders in each location folder dividing interactable events, Npcs and events that is tied to my main quests and side quests. I'm a bit scared that I will lose track of which event that is tied to what, using the search function is pretty handy to find the events but its still a bit tough for me to organize it in a good way xD
    May 25, 2016
  3. J_C
    J_C
    Yeah, the text files for the first few areas of my game are a mess. :D It started it quite organized, but after continously adding dialogues and events to those areas, I had to insert more and more text codes. I have to figure out something as well.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I will just organize it the best I can for now and then fix the rest if I come up with a good solution :)  I enjoy the script a lot though because you can keep all the text in a more organized way and It's much easier and effortless to change or edit the text (Not having to find the event on the map, and then scroll through page after page of text :p
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.