Comments on Profile Post by Victor Sant

1. kovak
    kovak
    Sounds pretty much like wix sheep (it's easy to make your own site bla bla bla).
    May 25, 2016
  2. nazgul
    nazgul
    I've found that nothing worth doing is ever easy.
    May 25, 2016
  3. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    If it was easy, everyone would do it.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Iliketea
    Iliketea
    Can you help me with something?

Its really easy and I could do it myself buuuuuuuuut... well you know.

Anyway, can you please find a way to cure cancer, make world peace and while you are at it make a authentic VRMMORPG like sword art online without the whole death game stuff?
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Haydeos
    Haydeos
    I disagree with the sentiment. If someone asks for help, just help if you can. It being easy enough to do on their own is irrelevant, if a request is made.

My opinion!
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dalph
    Dalph
    I disagree as well, never blame people (in this case customers\followers\supporters\fans) for asking help.

I'm sure nobody means to be insulting for no reason, by saying "it's easy" they probably meant "it should be easy for you".
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    @Haydeos "If someone asks for help, just help if you can."

This is a recipe to cultivate lazy people. You should look the reason people are asking for help. A lot of times I can, but I don't, simply because the way people ask just show they are being lazy, and helping people on being lazy is not a help, is a harm.

Also, the point I made is when people are asking for things that they are clearly not capable of... yet says it is easy.

If someone is not capable of doing something, it is not easy. If it was easy, they could do it themselves.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. kovak
    kovak
    "If they know how what they are asking for is done"
    May 25, 2016
  9. Haydeos
    Haydeos
    If someone says their request is easy, they're either coming from ignorance or experience. Either way it doesn't matter. Anything is possible for me to do myself. Should I never ask for help? Where does anyone draw the line for what's being lazy in that sense?
    May 25, 2016
  10. Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    @Haydeos
    1 - If someone don't know how to do, don't say it's easy
    2 - if someone know how to do and it is easy, they should do it themselves.

One thing is asking help for a hard thing or thing you don't know.

Now, asking someone else help to do something that you can do and classify as "easy" totally fits the bill for 'being lazy'

Also, you still didn't get the point here, the issue is not "asking for help", but "saying that something you can't do is easy"
    May 25, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Dalph™ - I have to agree with Victor here.  It isn't about blaming people who want help, it is about treating the person you are getting help from with respect (and telling someone what you did was easy is anything but that). Even if it is easy, it still isn't respectful (this is the potential customer saying it and not not the helper itself remember).

Also, people who say "it is easy" tend to expect the request/commission to be done for very little. Even if you show them it is not easy, they tend to get defensive and start lashing out at you. There are probably people who are not like this, but I have yet to get involved with one personally.

And if they do think it is easy, then they would probably do it themselves. Not fish for help hours upon hours on the internet, or start making business deals.

Finally, if they do not have the time to do it, then it stops being easy (giving up alot of time to do something isn't easy).
    May 25, 2016
    3 people like this.
  12. Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    @Dalph™ as Haydeos you don't get the point of the thing.

The thing is not about "asking for help", the all point is about "saying that is easy".

People should ask help if they need, now saying that something they can't do is easy?

Assuming that things they don't know are easy is not right either. IMO, people shouldn't assume things about subjects they don't know because... well, they don't know.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    It's both demanding and condescending. Maybe the ideal thing to do is to be willing to learn and seek advice rather than treat the one user who takes their time and energy to do something for the RM community rather than just you. It's not just you who needs help.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  14. Haydeos
    Haydeos
    Well I can agree with the premise that people shouldn't underestimate the difficulty of any request.

I don't think just coming back at them saying "Well if it's easy, just do it yourself" is the right way of handling it though.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Victor Sant
    Victor Sant
    @Haydeos

But if it's easy, what keeps the person from doing it by themselves? (other than they simply not wanting to)

By easy it means it means that the person have the knwoledge to do it, it is not time consuming and is not complex.

So I belive that " if it's easy, just do it yourself". Because if you can't do yourself, it wasn't easy on the first place.

If I see someone that can do something easy, refuse to do it and just throw it on someone else, I think I can think that this person is being lazy.
    May 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. Haydeos
    Haydeos
    They could be missing a hand...! I prefer not to ask XD

However, usually If I see someone say "Here's my request, I'm sure it's easy" my immediate reaction is: This person probably has no idea what he's talking about, probably has no idea what he's doing, and can't gauge what's difficult or not.
    May 25, 2016
  17. Lucifurai
    Lucifurai
    It happened to me something similar. First, I am a novice. So I find that nothing is simple to do. Either complicated or very long, sometimes both and it takes a lot of attention. Even the smallest differences can ultimately become a very big problem. So when people say something like : " You're still on this thing .. it shouldn't be hard to do that yet .. were you, I would have already done this, this and yet it .. . " But in reality, I'm willing to bet it's nothing. Especially when you see the eyes of the person not at all convinced of what she says. Worse, she knows she can't but nevertheless says. "Maybe I'll snap my fingers two or three times, to make me a pretty long game with lots of stuff to do. And I would put it on private server, that way I would play when I have nothing to do .." Here it is in few words what she said. I had to do violence to myself, to not swing full of vulgar and not very nice things~ xD '(You Serious ?? Are you kidding me .. Watch out.. Your brain is fleeing away ~)
    May 25, 2016
    2 people like this.
  18. Shaz
    Shaz
    If I can say it in 10 words or less, it must be easy, right?

In those instances, I like to explain, why it's not as easy as they seem to think.  Most of the time they get it.  Sometimes they don't and keep insisting.  Those times, I just move on.
    May 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.