Comments on Profile Post by Dark_Metamorphosis

1. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    What took you the most time? Just curious :)
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Hopefully it was worth it in the end.
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    @Marsigne Mostly to get all the events to work properly, along with some loops and overlays. Also to get the timings right for the animated sprites I'm working with (I recently started working with them, and a script along with it, so hopefully it will speed up the process once I get more used to them :)

@Matseb2611 Ye it was! I'm really satisfied with the outcome :D  
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Good job. What I find helps me with executing complex cutscenes is trying to find the simplest possible way I can make them. If you can find an easier way to make a cutscene that can deliver it with the same impact, then you can save yourself a lot of time. :)
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    I agree! Thing is I always tend to make a minor little mistake somewhere so when I playtest I get an error, and then I have to fix the error (something like I forgot a tiny little thing in a script code or something, or showed the wrong graphic etc). Things like that also waste unnecessary time since I always wanna fix it straight away so I don't forget it :p  

It's even worse when I'm sleepy, then I tend to overlook things on a wider range. But I agree, trying to keep it simple is what I do too. But one little tiny slip up somewhere can make such a huge difference in how it processes the cutscene (well, sometimes).
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    And Matseb my man, you are a game-making machine! You can't compare me to you, It's like comparing a Pentium II with the best gaming PC on the market ;)  
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Lol. Don't bring yourself down. What you mentioned above about making tiny slip ups happens to all of us. If I had a penny for every time that happened to me, I'd be very rich by now. ;)
    May 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.