RPG Maker Forums

Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
10 degrees is cold? :o  We have 14 degrees here today and It's in the summer xD

I envy you :p  
KanaX
KanaX
Ohohoho what a beautiful Russian Blue! He seems a bit moody though. Will you keep him inside the house? If you can afford to let him roam around, you should do that. Kitties need to take their strolls.
BloodletterQ
BloodletterQ
I don't feel safe letting my two outdoors but that is one handsome cat.
Shaz
Shaz
he does look like a Russian Blue, doesn't he?  This one's had it tough.  He was originally owned by my nephew's crazy ex-girlfriend as a kitten.  She threw him across the room one day and broke his leg.  My nephew took him away from her and looked after him.  Lived at my dad's at the time.  Dad gets cranky with animals inside the house, especially if they get onto the table, so when my nephew moved away, puss spent most of his time outside, only coming into the laundry to eat.  Eventually nobody knew whether he was even alive, as they never saw him.  They stopped putting food down regularly.  When I visited, I knew he was still around 'cause I'd put food down at night and it would be gone in the morning.  But we'd never see him.  The only two times I saw him were when he was first brought here, and then just last week.  So you might as well call him feral.  But with dad moving, I couldn't bear to leave him behind, so borrowed a cat trap, set it up, and caught him just as it started getting dark.  He's really calm, happy for me to touch him.  Soon I'll get him out, give him a cuddle and transfer him to a smaller, more comfy cage for transport.  I just hope he doesn't get away from me.  Can't get back outside, but it's a big house and lots of junk he can hide behind/under.  Mum said she'd take him, but when her cat died a month or so ago she announced she wasn't getting any more.  So I need to make sure she WANTS him and will actually look after him (keep him locked inside for a few weeks so he gets to know where 'home' is), before I leave him with her.  Otherwise I'll take him home, see how he gets on with my two adults, and look after him until we can find a new owner.
KanaX
KanaX
Oh my. Under the circumstances, yes, it would be better to keep him inside. I'm used to cats that stay indoor most of the time, but spend 7-8 hours out doing their thing. He'll need some time to adjust.
Shaz
Shaz
At least while getting familiar with his new home.  She probably will end up letting him out through the day and bringing him in at night, which is what she did with her other cat.  If he comes home with me, he'll be an indoor cat, like my other two.  We've lost too many to snakes or other fates to let them roam around outside anymore.
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
Love hearing stories about wonderful people that puts an end to animal cruelty, and ontop of that making sure that the animal (in this case cat) gets the love it needs after such rough times.

You seem like a very nice animal person Shaz, creds for all that care you put in towards that beautiful creature :D  
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
Ontop of that, cats never surprises me anymore. We had a cat many years ago that went missing during the winter when we were visiting a friend of my mothers. She was gone for almost 2 years until someone contacted us that they might have found her. She was almost back home when they found her, and even though she was pretty beaten up and full of worms she was pretty healthy. 

Maybe she found food that people left for other cats, but wow cats are strong and knows how to survive (2 full winters too). She didn't stray too far from home after that incident though even though she loved being outdoors :)   
Shaz
Shaz
well, my mum doesn't want him - I pretty much expected if I pressed her on it, she'd admit it.  And my nephew can't have him.  So he's with us for now.  But I've been told I also can't keep him (we have 2 grown cats already, and when we had a third small cat we found it was just too many, for keeping them all indoors permanently).  So I have to find a new home for him :(   I wouldn't be strong enough to do this on a permanent basis, like the people who run the rescues.  Got to figure out what to do now - have to get him vetted before they will take him due to high rate of fiv (what killed our last little girl), but we can't afford to do that, and now I'm worried that the other two might be at risk again.  Can't win :(

He's happily dozing in my desk cupboard at the moment :)
Shaz
Shaz
It IS nice to have a cat who eats all his food, instead of having a sniff and a lick and asking "what else is there?"
KanaX
KanaX
Maybe you should send away one of the other two :p
Shaz
Shaz
lol - that's what Mark said!
KanaX
KanaX
Ah yes! Mark. I love Mark! I'll never forget how we met!
Shaz
Shaz
um ... okay.  That's a little weird.
KanaX
KanaX
My point is that I have no idea who Mark is :p
Shaz
Shaz
Mark is my husband, who also has a say in what pets we get to have here ;)   Smart alec :p
KanaX
KanaX
Uh... uh... I-I know you are, b-but what am I?????
Back on the subject though, I just realized that you live in Aus. You have a very valid reason to keep the pets in.
Shaz
Shaz
what - deadly spiders, poisonous snakes, drop bears?
Shaz
Shaz
not to mention neighborhood dogs, people who trap cats, and people who like to use cats to bait dogs for dog fights or for training greyhounds.  Yeah, it's a lovely place here.
KanaX
KanaX
No, extremely pricey water... and emus.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.
StormyRange wrote on Magusalfador's profile.
Hi! I saw you ask @DreamX about that recording Enemy Troop number to a variable and wondered if you got the updated version? I asked them too but they've not been seen a few years, thanks!
StormyRange wrote on DreamX's profile.
Hello DreamX! Your Targeted Enemy Troop # recording variable would be super useful but I believe it's become outdated, I see you've not been around for a long while but I thought I should reach out anyway just in case!

Even if someone can just point me in the direction of what would need changing from an update log I could try my hand at scraping some kind of fix together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debb