RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
I'm setting up something in wordpress at the moment, and questioning whether a blog is really the way to go, or if I should do something like this.  Looks nice!
taarna23
taarna23
Well, if you want to give it a go, see if your webhost's cpanel has RVSiteBuilder. It's somewhat awkward to start with, but I'm getting the hang of it, I think.

I'll just be working on this and watching a movie or two tonight, I think.
Shaz
Shaz
It does have a sitebuilder, but I'm not sure if that's what it's called.  I used it when I first got my hosting account several years ago.  The biggest problem (at the time) was that you couldn't have 'templates' that you just inserted into the page.  You could have a header and a footer, but everything else had to be custom defined.  That meant if I wanted something repeated on most pages but not all, I would have to manually add it to most pages, which meant if I wanted to change it at some point, I would have to change it on every single page.  Might be worth checking to see if it's more flexible now.  WordPress has some nice stuff too, though, that I wouldn't want to have to code myself.  Just hope whatever decision I make while setting it up, isn't one I'll regret in 6 months and be faced with porting everything over to a different format.
taarna23
taarna23
Yikes. Well, maybe they've added another one, or maybe this one, even. The only downside so far is the pages it creates by default have a terribly unhelpful layout (at least for me) and end up needing to be completely deleted and created again so I can select a better layout. Using it can be a little awkward and unclear at times, too.
Shaz
Shaz
who's your host?
taarna23
taarna23
Hosting24

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanoql