RPG Maker Forums

Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
What kind of explanation? Game mechanics and such? If so, you could take a small chunk at the time, progressively informing the player about various mechanics :)
Iliketea
Iliketea
No, its  plot :/

Explaining some very important plot twist... 
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
You could try show the player about the plot-twists instead and having them interact with them in the event you are creating, instead of only text. A lot of information dumping can be a bit boring.
Iliketea
Iliketea
Oh... Like a flash back, huh?
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
Yeah like a flashback, or having someone start telling the party about it and then transition it into a flashback where the player can take control of someone that's part of that flashback. I use that in my game, since my protagonist usually have lots of visions. I then let the player control various people that is part of that vision so they can explore the backstory themselves instead of having someone dumping all the information on them.
Iliketea
Iliketea
Hmm, the "take control"-thing would be difficult to make as it isn't the main character who is talking about the things, but this is definitively a good idea! 
Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis
Ye but it doesn't have to be the main character, most of those visions takes part in the past and involve other people related to the backstory. So instead the player take control of somone that isnt in the current party at all, but somone that is linked to the backstory and the current story because of what happened in the past.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:
Browsing through Steam's Curator Connect, it seems the vast majority of curators haven't curated in months. I'm guessing people finally got tired of reviewing games for free. Can't blame them.
Satisfy my curiosity for a sec please, folks: how many people actively followed/follow my Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript series and have found them useful for learning what makes RM tick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManOfTheFlies