Comments on Profile Post by Ms Littlefish

1. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Where there is a lawn, there is a dude who who is taking a ton of time taking care of it.
    Jun 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Even though the grass already looks especially short. As if saying "I'm getting my money's worth for this dayum thing."
    Jun 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. KanaX
    KanaX
    What about a late night recording?
    Jun 15, 2016
  4. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    My access to the shore is through a parkway so it's closed and patrolled at night. There are a lot of people there right up until close. 
    Jun 15, 2016
  5. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Sounds like a stealth mission is required, you've gotta do whatever it takes to get those sounds, rmw needs you!
    Jun 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    To be fair. I was there right after close one night and security didn't wig out or anything. But, that's no fun.
    Jun 15, 2016
  7. Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Yeah, if they don't have snipers and dog patrols, it's probably not worth even calling it a stealth mission :(
    Jun 15, 2016
  8. Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Rain falling on the lake during a storm would be wonderful if you have a way to record it safely!

Mowers are a problem though... :(   Do you think they'd be receptive to halting for a few minutes so you could record?  Or would you need much longer than that to get a good clip?
    Jun 16, 2016
  9. Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    My equipment isn't water proof, otherwise I'd be all about that. I wouldn't need much time to get a usable clip, just long enough so it's not repetitive and so I can work around unexpected noises. The worst are planes because I live near an air base. I guess I just live in the worst possible place to try and record a lake. XD

I've been thinking dawn or dusk would be ideal either way. Both background noise and wind is more likely to be less so at those times.
    Jun 16, 2016