RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Event Horizon and Alien, if you're feeling sci-fi-ish.
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
That depends on your definition of 'good.' haha. What I call good, most people would call Z-grade :D

If you like movies that are 'so bad they're hilarious' then yeah, I could recommend a million titles. But, if you're looking for more mainstream horror...only a few come to mind, like Halloween, The Thing, and The Shining.
Euphony
Euphony
If we're talking classics, then The Exorcist, Nosferatu, The Shining, anything from the Living Dead series.

More recent ones I enjoyed were Insidious and The Conjuring. I just saw The Conjuring 2 in theaters and really liked it, even though my friends complained about how cheesy it was. But, like JC, I could recommend a million horrible, cheesetastic movies that are so bad they're good.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Alien is technically "the scariest movie ever made" although personally #2 is better.  I agree with Insidious and Conjuring as well.  Two of my favorites that are more gore are Texas Chainsaw Massacre and House of 1000 Corpses.
Dalph
Dalph
Asian horror movies are scary and well made, I reccomend these 4:

Ringu (The Ring)

Ju-on (The Grudge)

Kairo (Pulse)

Gin Gwai (The Eye)
JCBrickston
JCBrickston
I love Asian movies as well. I like turning the subtitles off so I can't understand a thing they say. I'm just kidding. I can't read, so whether I turn the subtitles on or off, it's the same experience for me :D
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
I really enjoyed The Ring when I saw it in theatres in high school too
Chester
Chester
@Dalph™ and I know that the TRUE horror movie lies with this Thai Horror film called Shutter.

PS: Please do not compare that cheesy English version to this one. Thank you meow.
Dalph
Dalph
If you want something with a good plot then I suggest The Others or Sixth Sense (two of my favourites).

If you are in search of something really scary then check out Martyrs (beware it's not a movie for everyone).

@Chester:

Yeah, the original version of Shutter is good too.
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
If you want an excellent "to make fun of" scary movie, I suggest The People Under The Stairs, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3
SamGreen
SamGreen
Not gonna mention any classics or stereotypical movies that you often find people jumping to mention cause if you're like me, you've exhausted them, so I've got a decent list of my favourites here:

Martyrs (French) - superb story-line and the perfect mélange of gore and jump scares, not to mention tension and suspense. My favourite horror movie ever.

Frontiere(s) (French) - an amazing amount of gore, and very full of tension. The story comes across a bit "out there" at times but with all things considered, an amazing film.

Housebound (Australian) - not a horror horror but one of my favourites nonetheless. This film is so intentionally funny, it hurts. Perfect balance of comedic and horror aspects.

The Seasoning House (British) - Just watched this one recently, it's not stand out but it's a good film if you're in the mood for horror and have nothing else to watch.

A L'interieur (French) - Not the best film, but very gory and it goes 0-100 real quick.

Evil Dead (Remake) - Speaking of 0-100 real quick, I couldn't not mention this film, the first 20 minutes are just the perfect amount of time to set the scene then it's horror after horror after horror. Love it.

ABC's of Death (Multiple Countries) - This one is a quirky film in which many countries are given a letter and must make a horror film based around a word that begins with the letter. It's a brilliant concept and has given many good results, some of the Asian ones are highlights. Very entertaining compilation.

If you want any more suggestions I'm like a fountain of knowledge when it comes to horror haha
Golden Unicorn Gaming
Golden Unicorn Gaming
I'm gonna have to check out Martyrs with the wife now
Chester
Chester
Scary Movie 2 ...*walks out like a boss*
SamGreen
SamGreen
@Chester

[IMG]http://www.newnownext.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Bianca-Del-Rio-RuPauls-Drag-Race-Head-Tilt-Lip-Pucker-Gif.gif[/IMG]
Euphony
Euphony
giphy.gif
Lunawolfcomics
Lunawolfcomics
These are some great recommendations thank you everyone1 ^_^

I guess I should've started with mentioning what kind of horror movies I typically watch haha. But I love sci-fi movies so Alien is by far one of my favorites. I also love the classics, so The Shining and House of 1000 Corpses are two examples. Some other titles I really love is Jeepers Creepers, Insidious, and The Conjuring. :)  

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A good way to practice writing is to write "flash fiction"; very short stories. Link
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gooom