Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Please use your magic powers for good
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I'm starting to think I should make a video, it seems to happen during night only (of course).

Either that or call Bill Murray.
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. cabfe
    cabfe
    Aren't they loose, maybe?

Stuck them with a piece of paper, or set up a trap :)
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. taarna23
    taarna23
    Definitely make a video. It's easier to convince yourself that your Weird-$#!*-O-Meter isn't in need of a tune-up when you can see the evidence of said weird $#!* for yourself.
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. Dalph
    Dalph
    I did try to check if they are loosen but they are solid even if the cabinet is empty, I also tried to put a heavy weight on them (an unused old tv) and I always find them open.

My girlfriend was thinking about vibrations that can happen during night that can make them open (like cars passing through or movements) and that seems reasonable. What I find weird is finding the drawers open and the cabinet not moving at all (it's not heavy and takes a bit of effort to pull them out).
    Jun 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. taarna23
    taarna23
    When looking for a plausible explanation, don't forget to ask questions like "What could have changed from prior to this past week that could have caused this?"

Has the cabinet been relocated from another place? Did you have it previous to this week (you don't specify, just that the drawers have been opening)? Have there been changes to nearby traffic?

Probably more, just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  7. Dalph
    Dalph
    I didn't touch it at all for months before this started to happen of course, I was planning to throw it away honestly because it's old and useless for me (it's been empty for like 7-8 months) . I only tried to put that tv on it yesterday and check what's wrong with it but I still found the drawers open this morning. 

From what I can remember, there is no traffic during night, the city is pretty calm but I can't be so sure about it since I sleep.

Also there's no way I'm a sleepwalker, so that can't be the cause either.
    Jun 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, video time, then. Could be fun to find out what's going on.

If it does turn out to be happening by itself, consider finding it a nice home instead of throwing it away. This seems to have come up when you considered tossing it!
    Jun 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. Dalph
    Dalph
    Yeah there's no other way apparently, a video is the only solution. I'm starting to waste too much time checking and re-checking what is wrong with it and I freak out every morning.
    Jun 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. Susan
    Susan
    http://pre13.deviantart.net/7d16/th/pre/f/2014/107/7/f/ghostbusters_who_you_gonna_call__by_nlgregg-d7eugem.png
    Jun 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  11. cabfe
    cabfe
    Duct tape them.
    Jun 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  12. Susan
    Susan
    @cabfe: The timing was so appropriate and yet so inappropriate at the same time. XD
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    So let's summarize:

Duct taping it.

Filming it.

Giving it a new home.

If anything, I'll call Bill Murray.

*takes notes*
    Jun 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  14. taarna23
    taarna23
    Haha... well, at least you're having fun with this particular bit of strangeness!
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. Susan
    Susan
    @Dalph™: That sounds so wrong on so many levels.  :unsure:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fpHEW3iTTrU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/6Xme3xacOdo/photo.jpg

Trust me, you don't want to know. XD

Jun 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  16. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    Ghosts often get frustrated when you do things that prevent them from re-opening the drawers. That's how you get rid of a supernatural being: you annoy it. If they open something, glue it shut. If they break something of yours, then break something that belongs to them. It also does not hurt to have a spare proton pack laying around the house.

But I'd simply fasten your cupboard drawers shut every night. Use anything. Nails, screws, nails, or even poster putty. Also

40836.IPB
    Jun 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  17. Dalph
    Dalph
    Oh god that movie is amazing, one of my favourite Christmas movies ever:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will attempt to make a video tonight and let you guys know.
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  18. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    Yeah, I love that movie too. I've been watching it pretty much every year since I was a little guy.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/movie-assholes-xmas/frank-cross-scrooged.jpg

Now, more than ever, it is important to remember the true meaning of Christmas! Your life may just depend upon it...

(His tv ad at the beginning is the best version of Scrooge I have never seen. I wish we could see Frank's version of Christmas) :D
    Jun 21, 2016
    2 people like this.