RPG Maker Forums

Kyuukon
Kyuukon
Maybe the right word for it is "independance". You'll have a rougher economy than before, no doubt, but it's for the sake and future of your people. Don't sell out to them and stand against their agenda. UK for british people.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Our science sector will suffer greatly. Vast majority of our scientists were in favour of staying with EU. Hell. Even Stephen Hawking was in favour of staying and said that leaving would be bad for us. Why do people listen to right-wing extremists rather than experts and academics?
Dalph
Dalph
Biggest mistake ever.

A decision that not only splits Europe, but that might have even more disastrous results: the disintegration of the United Kingdom itself, since Scotland, Northern Ireland and even London voted against Brexit.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Britain was created by immigrants, they are our lifeblood. We've used migrant labour and skills for countless centuries, there has never been a time when Britain was a homogenus nation. I stand against the people who voted for this madness, because they have forced their nonsense upon nearly half the entire country. They used emotion to guide them through a process which should've been guided by reason and logic. I mean, it's not as if this will even stop immigration or keep it under control. Britain had immigration problems before the EU became the EU - long before it had the power it has today.

What of all of the things which will slowly be destroyed due to the absence of the EU - workers rights, our government being answerable to a higher power, a safety net for the poor, higher education and scientific research being funded mainly by the EU. You know, these are important things. I don't give a toss about freedom and independence if it means returning to the dark ages and needing to rebuild nearly 50 years of progress, just because a bunch of old folks don't like foreigners. Let's face facts here, that's what Brexit was mainly about - foreigners.
Scythuz
Scythuz
@Dalph™ - From what I know, Scotland and Northern Ireland are already talking about independence yeah.  Can't say I blame them.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Dalph™ I fully support NI and Scotland abandoning us to our fate. We've made our bed and we alone must lie in it. They should not have to suffer because of the decisions of England.
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Kyuukon Make vague quotes all you wish, mate. Democracy is flawed system which is corrupt to the core. It has always been abused and always will be. It only works in theory, assuming everyone is on equal terms - education, belief, etc. Otherwise you end up with people voting for stupid things which harm them. At the end of the day, the common rabble have no idea how to lead themselves.

I'd rather security, progress, and the gift of safety and access to education for generations to come rather than treading upon the path of named freedom which leads only into darkness and despair.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
@Kyuukon: Define freedom and tell me how you think it can help a country stay together. If you're talking about absolute freedom, then we're starting to dwell deep into the anarchy territory, and anarchy has NEVER ever worked. You will just end up in a dog eat dog world where the strong will start bully the weak and get no repercussions for it. Screw this abstract and useless concept some people call 'freedom'. It's no freedom if you're forced to count your pennies every day because you are unsure of your future.
Dalph
Dalph
If the states and the European institutions fail to reach an agreement with London, at the end of two years of negotiations Britain would be considered like any third country: will be cut out of the EU market and the British people will lose their right to work and reside in EU countries.
The UK would be in a position to negotiate the status of 2 million British citizens living in EU countries, mostly regarding pension and health insurance rights, to not count people losing their jobs in the whole process and european citizens that live in the UK being forced to face a lot of that burocracy crap to be able to live and work there.

No, this isn't freedom. It's a friggin disgrace.
Galenmereth
Galenmereth
Just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean democracy is flawed. It just means a marginal majority disagreed with you.
Scythuz
Scythuz
It isn't freedom that has us leaving the EU, it's 'pride'.  I would ~love~ to see how people want to "Make Britain great again" when our so called greatness was obtained by taking away the freedom of others for the sake of our empire, all of this for the upper classes, not the lower classes.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Galenmereth It does mean democracy is flawed when people believe outright lies, use personal bias, tribalism, and other negative things to dictate the future of all. How can this be seen as anything but a major flaw? Democracy is probably one of the most corrupt forms of governence to ever exist, since it's so easy to manipulate and direct people.
Dalph
Dalph
Democracy (participatory approach to policy decisions) is in itself correct, but nothing assures that the democratically taken decisions are right or efficient.

2,000 years ago people wondered: Jesus or Barabbas? Democratically, the people chose Barabbas.

In a few years (after 2 years which is estimated to be necessary to exit technically EU but it might take more) everyone will begin to see the disastrous  effects of this choice.
Quigon
Quigon
Was not fun waking up to that result over in OK.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Quigon Bet you're glad you left the isles, eh? :D Then again, you have that whole Trump thing going on right now. Hope people make the right choice over there.
Niten Ichi Ryu
Niten Ichi Ryu
Kyuukon, words of other do not make you wiser, even between quotation marks. Your stupid rant about conspiracist Jewish banks simply shows that you are not as free as you think. Please don't use that thread to further an agenda based on exclusion.
Quigon
Quigon
AceOfAces_Mod
AceOfAces_Mod
Let me tell you something @The Stranger, Greece was threatened to go bankrupt if they did not followed the austerity measures. Once the people said no, we got capital controls and our vote was turned to yes.
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
Can't say much more here or I risk being banned lol. But if you think the right side won WW2, you're mistaken.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up For The King in a Humble Bundle sale, and one mechanic that stuck out to me was a physical change to the world map when finishing a side quest. That got me thinking about special map-effect rewards for certain side quests in my game.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oirammm18