RPG Maker Forums

SweetMeltyLove
SweetMeltyLove
One can't copyright an art style, so if you made all from scratch you're good. Preferably it's a good idea that characters don't have the exact same shape and that you're not using the exact same colors.

The most important thing is that your characters don't look like theirs. Characters and names belong to them. If your character dresses like and has the same hair as a protagonist of their games, than that's a problem

Like, you can make a game with the same art style and gameplay as a Mario game, as long as your character doesn't have a big nose, a mustache and wears overalls and a cap
MikePjr
MikePjr
@SweetMeltyLove

I attached a picture of what he looks like.

View attachment 41275

I drew him 3 times as big, i drew him by hand.. and i went with something kinda similar to the early Final Fantasy games.
Shaz
Shaz
I think this has been discussed before so there might be some threads around on it already.  Might be good to ask in the forum, where you can get more in-depth answers from more people, and where the conversation will be easy to find for others who have similar concerns in the future.
MikePjr
MikePjr
@Shaz

Understood.
I did do a search, and either i did not enter the right words, or.. something.. i dunno.

But i came up empty, and so i was not sure about starting a new thread, so figured i would ask with one of these status things.
Shaz
Shaz
yeah, go for a new thread.  If it's a question about game development, someone else will always come along who wants to know the same thing.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimproringtones