Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. cabfe
    cabfe
    Luckily (or not) I'm into Visual Novels these days so I still have a lot of games to buy.

Hadn't it been this way, I would have bought nearly nothing, same as last winter sales.

I guess no longer having a gaming computer also plays a role. You're not tempted when you can't run it! :D
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Susan
    Susan
    Start from one end of the list and work your way to the other end. Congratulations on being the only person I know of who managed to resist Steam's temptations..... this time. ;)
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Susan - It is easy for me.  None of the deals are reaching flash level temptation.

GOG's sale tempted me more and had better savings.
    Jun 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    I'm with you there, I bought nothing. Maybe having no job helps, make me feel state benefits shouldn't be used on games. I'll afford them when my income will come from an actual job. (I'm still buying PV games resources though).

That also helps me revisit some of the 80 games I have in library, even though some may hardly run on my laptop, and I don't have a among rig anymore. First time I actually completed whole dynasty in Crusaders Kings 2.
    Jun 27, 2016
    3 people like this.
  5. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I am waiting for Winter Sale, that's when Xcom2 is sure to go 75% off. 
    Jun 27, 2016
    3 people like this.
  6. Euphony
    Euphony
    Do you have Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? Any of the Saints Row games? Those are all on sale!

@__@ GIVE VALVE YOUR MONIES @__@
    Jun 27, 2016
  7. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    The only thing I've purchased is Life of an Australian Simulator. And I did that with a $20 gift card I got for my birthday a couple months ago that's just been sitting there.
    Jun 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. Dalph
    Dalph
    I have the Saints Row games and I want Dragon's Dogma but it's not a huge priority.

Kingdoms of Amalur looks good but never interested me particularly, strikes me as an offline World of Warcraft.
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  9. Euphony
    Euphony
    Blasphemy! Needs more Dragon's Dogma NOW! ⋌༼ •̀ ⌂ •́ ༽⋋
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  10. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I told myself I won't spend too much, so I'm only getting really cheap ones at the moment.

So far I bought: Ghost 1.0, Celestian Tales: Old North, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Overdosed - a Trip to Hell, and Outland.
    Jun 27, 2016
    3 people like this.
  11. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I bought this war of mine so far for 75% off and am considering getting Pillars of Eternity. Assuming I get that though that'll be all, as I really don't have the spare money to even buy PoE right now.
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Yeah, I got the Saints Row games last year in a bundle offer they had. I haven't tried the second or fourth, but the third one was pretty fun.

When I bought them last year, for some reason the third game wouldn't run. It would always crash my computer. I saw a couple others on the forum page having similar issues and tried the fixes, but nothing worked. Just a couple weeks ago I saw it was on GOG for $3 and they had a 30 day money back thing. I figured what the heck?

It works perfectly. I even added it into Steam as a "non Steam" game and it boots right up... Don't ask me.

For now, I'm liking Australian Simulator, though I've just started. I'm a big fan of sandbox games, especially dystopian worlds, so we'll see how this one turns out.
    Jun 27, 2016
    2 people like this.
  13. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    I'm thinking about buying a pencil to write on paper with...but I already have a pencil, so it might not get used much.

...Oh, wait. You guys are talking about games! My bad. I'm leaving.

http://squaretender.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/pencil1.jpeg
    Jun 27, 2016
    4 people like this.
  14. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/5076815+_a9edfbd56c5a4a1dd113856788355456.jpg
    Jun 27, 2016
    6 people like this.
  15. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    @Dalph™ Hahahaha. That game would be confusing enough as it is, but imagine it with multiplayer capabilities. There'd be so many screens for every other screen in play.

I'm currently playing Video Game: The Video Game. Ironically it isn't a video game. You play it on the sidewalk. O_O
    Jun 27, 2016
    3 people like this.
  16. Susan
    Susan
    Jun 27, 2016
    3 people like this.