Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    Iron man, no wait Fifth element.... um maybe Die hard.... dayum can't choose..... THIS IS TOO HARD.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    The whole series of Iron Man and Die Hard or some individual ones? 

Fifth Element is amazing.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    all iron mans' die hard probably the first 2 were my childhood favs (i am a 80's kids :p)
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Marsigne
    Marsigne
    The Maze Runners, I also watched the second one and they're amazing. :D
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. Dalph
    Dalph
    I should check The Maze Runners now, sounds very interesting.
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    I literally can't pick. I used to be a huge movie fanatic and had tonnes of favourite movies.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. taarna23
    taarna23
    @Dalph™ The Maze Runner is based off of a series of young adult books, much like The Hunger Games was. It's also a dystopian future kind of thing. If that's your thing, there's also Divergent, and its sequels Insurgent and Allegiant (I have not seen this last one yet).

As for me, there's just way too many to even pick a favourite. I'm not even going to try.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    i chose the ones at the top of my head i know :p  i know there is more but those are the main ones i would rewatch OH and sixth sense :p  I liked most the ones with bruce willis when he was young XD
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    I love movies. Far too many awesome ones to name though.

Just a few: The Usual Suspects, Secret Window, Grosse Pointe Blank, Groundhog Day, Identity, Eight Men Out, The Butterfly Effect, Murder By Death, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original), Suicide Kings, Mystic River, Scrooged, V For Vendetta, No Country For Old Men, Fargo, Father Goose, It's A Wonderful Life, Pink Panther Series (original).

I gotta stop, man. Once I get started I can keep going and going...

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/bernicewood/energizer-bunny.jpg
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  10. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    Some of mine have already been listed above O_O

Werewolf of Washington, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 original film), Black Cobra 1 & 2, Fracture, 13 Assassins, The Hollow, Ninja Death (all three of them), Black Dynamite, Baseketball, Muppet Treasure Island, Jackie Chan's Project A, Wheels on Meals, Dragons Forever, Shanghai Noon and Shanghai Knights, Street Fighter, Killjoy 2, The Gingerdead Man, Mortal Kombay 1 & 2, Just Add Water, Father Goose, Eight Men Out, Green Street Hooligans, The Bat, House on Haunted Hill, The Lady Vanishes, and the entire Mr. Wong detective series...I have more, but I'm capped out for now.

And if it were a real movie, I'd be watching 'The Night the Reindeer Died!'

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b3/Scrooged_8.jpg/601px-Scrooged_8.jpg
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Hard to pick one from his all filmography, so I would have to say the whole list of movies from Stanley Kubrick (minus Killer's Kiss that I haven't seen yet). and from them favorites would be Paths of Glory and Eyes Wide Shut.

Also the works from Kurosawa Akira, with the favorite being Throne of Blood, with Ran as a close second.

@Dalph™ as an hommage, does your fav movie stars Bud Spencer?
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Also have a very soft spot for John Boorman's Excalibur.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. Dalph
    Dalph
    @Matseb2611:

Did you ever watch Blade Runner?

It's one of my favourites and cyberpunk. :p  

@taarna23:

I'm checking it out right now and it really grabbed my interest.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

@Chibae:

The Sixth Sense is awesome, one of my favourite thrillers too, I was terrified by it when I was a kid. Bruce Willis and the kid both deserved an Oscar for their amazing performances there.

@DesperateMeasurez:

I know most of these, great choices.

lol you just reminded me about Groundhog Day, Bill Murray is really hilarious there, ahahahah. I should rewatch The Butterfly Effect, I really like when time travel is involved in stories, but it's hard to beat theBack to the Future trilogy regarding this subject. ;)  

@JCBrickston:

Great choices here as well, I know most of these too and I personally like everything with Jackie Chan (Both the movies with Owen Wilson you mentioned and the Rush Hour series too).

lol The Night the Reindeer Died, you know me and my family watch Scrooged almost every year during Christmas (that and the Home Alone movies), it's becoming a family tradition, these movies really catched the essence of the Christmas Spirit.

@Niten Ichi Ryu:

Kubrick is a genius, I liked 2001: A Space Odyssey, Shining (both classics) and Eyes Wide Shut but I couldn't understand what the hell was this last one about (even after watching it more than once), lol.

And yes, Bud Spencer was a legend and one of my idols. 

I'm really sad he passed away yesterday, that's life I guess, he was almost 87 but still in good health, so it's still a shock.

What a huge loss.

I really loved most of his movies with Terence Hill (they are part of my childhood) but my favourites are: They Call me Trinity and Trinity is still my name when he was at his prime (spaghetti western ftw). Bud has been a great man and was very humble and generous too IRL, he made smile and laugh everyone, both young and non young.

My father's friend was so lucky that he met him once, he asked him to buy a boat for his size, and as you can imagine, they didn't have one, rofl. He was too tall and large to fit in the entrance of most of them, ahahahah.

RIP gentle giant.
    Jun 29, 2016
    3 people like this.
  14. Dalph
    Dalph
    As a sort of homage to the big man, I changed my avatar on Steam for a while:

http://i.imgur.com/fvuPXRH.png
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Sadness is shared, I remember all the laugh this amazing duet gave me as a kid.

Eyes Wide Shut is about  couple difficulties, temptation, quest for sensual pleasure, fidelity and bourgeoisie. but most of all it's about the relation between sex and love. It's inspired by a 1920s Austrian novel, which itself was very freudian in its influences.

It's also a criticism of the reduction of women by men to sex objects, both in the case of Bill Harford quest for imaginary revenge  and temptation to commit the act after his wife confess she had fantasized about infidelity (relegating her to his physical possession) and in the exploitation of poor girls by richer or older men, like in the case of the costume dealer daughter or the girls used by the secret society for their orgies.

As in any Kubrick movie, the music is amazing and creates this sensation of dread, accompanying the slow fall of the antihero Bill Harford into temptation leading to paranoia and almost madness, then finally returning for love, that as his wife explain will need for them to be expressed in one way (I guess you remember the movie's last word :) )

Fun fact, the protagonist Harford name comes from the fact that Kubrick had first envisioned Harisson Ford as a sort of model for him.

PS: Nicole Kidman in the mirror...
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. Dalph
    Dalph
    Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are immortals to me, and even if one of them left us, they gave to humanity something that will be there forever and cannot be undone. That's basically the meaning of life to me, to be remembered even after you are gone.

~

I never thought about Eyes Wide Shut in that way, I should rewatch it more carefully and pay more attention. Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
    Jun 29, 2016
    3 people like this.
  17. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    I saw Bud Spencer in Beyond The Law (1968) alongside the awesome Lee Van Cleef and Antonio Sabato. That was a good one.

My brother got me a huge spaghetti western pack this past year because we both enjoy them. The one Trinity film on there we watched didn't star Terrence Hill, but George Hilton. We did see Terence and Bud team together in Boot Hill though.

Another great one was Find a Place to Die (Joe... cercati un posto per morire! 1968). I really liked Jeffrey Hunter in that.
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  18. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Alien, Aliens, Alien 3...  Godzilla...  Pick a flick with a monster of some sort, and I'll probably tell you it's one of my favorites.

I miss the days of monsters and really am hating the days of "ghosts" and "demons" and "psycho people" in terms of horror.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Haha, my bad. I just realized that wasn't a Trinity film... George Hilton was Sartana in that one!

http://strawburry17.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/homer-doh.gif
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  20. Dalph
    Dalph
    lol well I can see the confusion, wild west movies can look all the same sometimes at first glance.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  21. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    @DesperateMeasurez It's a sandwich gun

http://fistfulofpasta.com/reviews/sartanaherell/sartanabread.jpg
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  22. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://i.imgur.com/3PRDbmR.gif
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  23. JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lilbf5m0Z31qdp3rbo1_500.gif
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  24. Lars Ulrika
    Lars Ulrika
    My all time favorite definitely is Funky Forest.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  25. Dalph
    Dalph
    Here's my gold list (incomplete of course because there are too many dayum good movies):

Movies

The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Fight Club, Léon, The Green Mile, Terminator 2, Gladiator, Back to the Future Trilogy, The Prestige, Scarface, Blade Runner, Pan's Labyrinth, Kill Bill 1-2, Donnie Darko, The Sixth Sense, The Others, The Truman Show, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, 

Almost everything with Jackie Chan.
    Almost everything with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill.

And countless others I forgot...

Animated Movies

The Lion King, 

Lego Movie (I was expecting something childish and stupid, but at the end I was really surprised in a good way), Wall-E,

Nightmare Before Christmas,

Aladdin.

http://images.wired.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/1467061380_1c09cfe5b23dfb6d212de62b54bbfcad19d02572.gif
    Jun 29, 2016
    5 people like this.
  26. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Anyone of you folks as seen Dogville? (yes I really, really like Kidman as an actress) what did you think of it?
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  27. Dalph
    Dalph
    That's a movie from Lars Von Tier, I'll add it to my list of movies to watch then.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  28. Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    It's really thought provoking. the direction is just amazing.
    Jun 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  29. TungerMan
    TungerMan
    Jackie Chan is <3

Hard to pick from the countless great movies I've seen, but from recent memory there's Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. Always been a sucker for good romance stories, and this one's probably the best romance movie I've seen to date.
    Jun 29, 2016
    3 people like this.
  30. Dalph
    Dalph
    http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Young-Jackie-Chan-Thumbs-Up-Smile-Gif.gif
    Jun 29, 2016
    4 people like this.
  31. DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Jackie Chan is great. Especially his earlier stuff before he got big in America. Rumble in the Bronx was cool because it still had the same basic tone to the films he did in his country.

Ah, I forgot The Truman Show. That was a really good one too. Some great music in there.
    Jun 29, 2016
    2 people like this.
  32. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    @Dalph™: Yeah, I've seen Blade Runner, though I don't consider myself a big fan. I thought it was too slow-paced for me personally, though it did have some interesting sci-fi concepts.

All right, I'll try to list some of my favourites that I remember, though I'll probably forget many...

Sci-fi: Inception, Terminator series, Minority Report, The Island, Avatar, Tron: Legacy, Star Wars films.

Sword & Sandal: Troy, Gladiator, 300, Kingdom of Heaven, Clash of the Titans (remake), Prince of Persia.

Thrillers/Horror: The Thing (both the 1982 one and the modern remake), Saw 1 and 2 (the others are ok too, though not as good), 28 Days Later, Cube and Cube Zero, Nightmare on Elm Street.

Heroic: X-men series (all of them), The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Punisher (2004 version).

Comedy: Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Idiocracy, The Hangover.

Beat em up: Mortal Kombat, The Raid 1 and 2, most Jackie Chan stuff.

Action: Can't go wrong with most of Arnold Schwarzenegger's stuff.

Animated: FFVII: Advent Children, Wall-E, Ice Age series.

Favourite TV shows: Black Sails, The 100, Continuum, Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Arrow, Gotham, Flash, Daredevil, Dominion, Spartacus, Humans, House of Cards, Marco Polo.
    Jun 30, 2016
    2 people like this.
  33. taarna23
    taarna23
    Jun 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.