Comments on Profile Post by Dalph

1. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Dalph™ - Arguing is a waste of time if they do not listen imo (I see the word arguing used when they don't listen usually and. Generally better just to not bother with it and start pulling out the law books to see what you can do to legally stop them (or whatever else can be done depending on laws, property owners, etc).

All it does is add ton of stress, drama and ultimately makes you look worse from an outside source in the long run (thus can be seen as the bad guy and thus they might either gain support for their side or you lose support for yours).

...Kind of like how the anti-trump rioters gave trump a huge popularity boost (or all the competition focusing on trump hating, critiquing, and mockery causing Trump to look better in the eyes of the public).
    Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Dalph
    Dalph
    I agree with most of what you said and I dislike drama and arguing too, but there's no other way if they don't listen (lawyers are expensive here), if they insist with their selfish behavior then I'm afraid I'll be forced to call the police.

And that won't be pleasant.
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. Dalph
    Dalph
    I'm a patient person and chill most of the time, you really have to push it to make me go nuts, I kept telling to these people to stop it for weeks and they insist doing it anyway. I see no other solution at this point.
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. Dalph
    Dalph
    To not count the fact that yesterday they threw water at me (from their balcony) when I was returning from work (it was an accident according to them, but I'm not sure if I want to believe it at this point).
    Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I have neighbors that have torn down their porch, yelled louder than their dogs to quiet them and started to slash and burn their trees on their yard as well as burn garbage.  They named their dogs Masion 
    dixion (after the line) and the other is "C" word.  Or that is the name for the wife, I can't tell anymore it gets used so much.  
    Jul 1, 2016
    4 people like this.
  6. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       Hopefully the cops in Italy are less revenue focused than the U.S. My neighbors shot at me the other day but since I didn't stick around long enough to get into a shootout and see the dude's face "there's nothing we can do about it." Worthless thieves couldn't even bother to send someone out to the house to interview people, they're to busy flying around in helicopters looking for pot farms and waiting at the bottom of hilly roads to catch people coasting over the speed limit so they can fine them.
    Jul 1, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    @Alexander Amnell Had that happen too, we were getting the mail and they thought we took their yellow pesticide flag.  We had a yellow envelope from the mail box and they decided to act first instead of think.  
    Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. Dalph
    Dalph
    Can't believe what I'm reading.
    To think police should give the good example, here they mostly take advantage of their place to get privileges (free parking where it's not allowed, getting ahead in a queue, stopping people randomly on street to make them waste time asking for documents etc.).
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Dalph
    Dalph
    I have no choice but to call them though (at least they will scare my neighbors), my lawyer will most likely say that this reason is too trivial to sue them.
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    @BananaThug Do you live next door to my mom, because it sounds like you are describing her neighbors. They used to have a kennel full of bluetick coonhounds that they kept locked up in confining kennels 95% of the time (whenever they weren't taking a couple of them hunting) and do nothing but yell obscenities at them when they have the audacity to bark in protest. After months of sleepless nights and authorities that couldn't be bothered beyond making them "promise to keep them quiet" I finally ended up kidnapping the pups and distributing them among two shelters and three families that I knew would take better care of them. Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands, unfortunately these days those times seem more often than not.

And what is with crazy people taking pot shots from their porch anyway? In my case I was suffering from appendicitis and just pulled over to the side of the road so as not to endanger other motorists. I don't know what the guy was thinking in my case (afraid if I actually confronted the psycho it might turn into a shootout, so I don't plan on doing anything right now) people are just nuts these days!
    Jul 1, 2016
    3 people like this.
  11. Euphony
    Euphony
    dayum, am I the only person who gets along with his neighbors? You people are getting shot at? Jesus. (ʘᗩʘ’)
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Alexander Amnell - put some footage on youtube and spread it out.

Generally how stuff like that gets taken seriously (and it works).
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Euphony - people are crazy and stupid.

I mean just look at someone with average intelligence and then imagine 50% of the world is stupider than him/her. :p
    Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Always had bad neighbours. Mostly just loud music, though. Had to cut one bloke's electricity to silence his bloody oversized speakers. Police here don't come out for noise complaints anymore. You have to mess around for months with the city council. At the time I was recovering from an operation, so I needed the peace and quiet. Glad they're gone now - I just pray my current neighbours don't leave. :D
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @The Stranger - I know a few people in my neighborhood so we generally all call at once to solve the dumb edgy teenager with loud music problem.
    Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @AwesomeCool All of my bad neighbours have been chavs. Their love of loud music which is pure bass (so loud it moves objects in your flat) is a common theme amongst them. It's so bad that it's got to the point where each time I see someone in a cap, trainers, and jogging bottoms, I assume the worst. The landlord wouldn't take action because she only cares about raking in the cash. You really do have to take matters into your own hands.
    Jul 1, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  17. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    @Alexander Amnell Glad to hear you were able to help those puppies out. I'm sure if they could talk you would have their undying gratitude.

For the most part I've been able to stay on the good side of my neighbors. The only see me when I head out to the store or I'm coming home from work and the only thing they know about me is that I listen to rock music. I live in the ghetto so it's just crime central around here. Shootouts, muggings and break ins are almost daily and the police only come out here if someone was injured or to arrest someone. The kids are the worst because they destroy property and harass people, but as soon as you try to step up or give them a taste of your own medicine, your seen as the bad guy because your an adult and they get off scot free. 
    Jul 1, 2016
    4 people like this.