RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Yikes! Where was this at? Even with weak website skills, I never recommend people use the super-simple WYSIWYG sites. At a bare minimum, they greatly overcharge. Like... 4x the cost compared to my webhost.
Ashouse
Ashouse
It was websitebuilder.com, they say there are three others that are exactly the same software, just different marketing. Here is my background: trained in print design, what ever I learned about game related art was independant study. Had an intro to web design course six years ago with focus on DW. DW is overkill really, and I dont remember split about how to use it, or what to do once I have used it. I REALLY don't want to learn a new software right now. (Done that 3 or 4 times since I started my game) I just want a simple website that advertises my game and serves as a dev log. Suggestions?
taarna23
taarna23
Well, if you want a dev log, the easiest thing I can suggest is wordpress. If you get some basic webhosting, you can install it, and some webhosts have an installer, making that part really painless. You can also make single pages and have one as your website's front page.
Ashouse
Ashouse
So, do you have experience with BlueHost? Or a better question, who would you recommend?
taarna23
taarna23
Nope, no experience. I use Hosting24, but as it looks like they store plaintext passwords I'm no longer certain I would recommend them - or if you do, just use a password you use nowhere else. Other than that, I've never had issues with their service or software.
Ashouse
Ashouse
Is there a drag and drop editor included? I guess, what I'm getting at is... is it hard to make a website going that route?
taarna23
taarna23
Yes, there's actually 2 of them, but they're never going to be as easy as what you were using. I recommend wordpress because when posting your dev updates, theres's no redesign of the website, there's no trying to decide when to delete or remove older content - wordpress will automatically deal with that, you just make your post.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning C on the side to support Haxe.
Imagine having a different opinion on the internet.
Crazy.
Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makual