RPG Maker Forums

Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
Context! How do we know how many mistakes you made before? How do we know how many times they've forgiven you?

Plus, "I'm sorry" doesn't take away the pain. The hurt. The whatever it is they felt.  Forgiveness isn't owed. It's freely given.  
SebazWorld
SebazWorld
@Saltwater Croc Didn't think I needed to give context since I'm just voicing my frustrations. But I've made one mistake, and they've never had to forgive me before. And I've said more than just 'I'm sorry'.
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
I've been on both sides of the proverbial bridge before. Not a fun place to be...

I hope for your sake things work out.  :)
SebazWorld
SebazWorld
@Saltwater Croc Yep, definitely not a fun place to be. All I can do is wait and see if they reply (since they've ignored me ever since I made the mistake).
Simon D. Aelsi
Simon D. Aelsi
And if they don't reply.... please don't hold whatever against them. The best thing you can do is learn from whatever it was and move on. Not for them, but for you. :D
SebazWorld
SebazWorld
@Saltwater Croc I won't, I'll more likely hold it against myself. And I'll give it some more time before I give up. But you're right, I'll definitely learn from it so I don't make the same mistake.
Alexander Amnell
Alexander Amnell
   Forgiveness requires a certain level of vulnerability as it requires you to trust someone after they've betrayed your trust in some way. If that can't happen, walking away can actually be the right thing to do, I've seen people tear each other down to the point where reconciliation is impossible because they tried to reconcile before the offended party was ready and able to actually move on past their grievance.

If your friend isn't ready and willing to forgive you yet, the best thing you can do after voicing your regrets is to give them space and hope that they come around.
SebazWorld
SebazWorld
@Alexander Amnell It was over something really stupid though, and I would've thought they'd have forgiven me by now... and I will walk away, if need be.
Gin
Gin
I don´t think that exist anyone(sane at least...) incapable of that. :|  People can just chose not to forgive...

If it was the other way around and that person did that to you, wouldn´t you react the same way?! :unsure:

I think you should give it time, because time heals everything. And this may seem cliché, but it´s true. In time, either she\he forgives you, or you decide you don´t really need her\his forgiveness and move on. :kiss:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll
Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanyatanishande