Comments on Profile Post by LuLingqi1

1. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    Erm... That's against the rules, IIRC
    Jul 8, 2016
  2. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    Oops, I guess? I didn't see it anywhere.
    Jul 8, 2016
  3. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    #5... No excuse, IMO:
    Jul 8, 2016
  4. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    Unless for the purpose of funding an RPG maker game. In my patreon, it states I'd like funding for my game. Soooo... How am I going against the rules?
    Jul 8, 2016
  5. Saltwater Croc
    Saltwater Croc
    TBF I said I think (or IIRC) :D
    Jul 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    I'm not trying to argue or anything! I just want to make sure I'm not going against the rules. I can't really clog up the forum with little updates and concept art for the game and what not, and I was gonna do most of that on Patreon. So if I can't even link to my patreon at all, that's a bummer. Lol.
    Jul 8, 2016
  7. Dalph
    Dalph
    I'm not familiar by how Patreon works and I won't do mini-modding calling you out for it (because that's against the rules too), from what I know if you are using it only for funding an Rpg Maker game then you are fine.

Just don't advertize it in statuses I guess, add it in your signature and profile to be safe. In any case, good luck with it.
    Jul 8, 2016
  8. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    Mini-modding sounds like a cute thing tbh. Mini-modding. Doesn't that sound cute?!
    Jul 8, 2016
  9. Dalph
    Dalph
    I wouldn't say cute, it means that someone else is trying to do Mod work. :p
    Jul 8, 2016
  10. LuLingqi1
    LuLingqi1
    No, no, the action sounds ugly. But just say "Mini-Modding" out loud. Doesn't it sound cute? XD
    Jul 8, 2016
  11. Shaz
    Shaz
    Yeah - link to forum rules is on the tabs at the top of the page, so easy enough to find.

Specifically, you can add a link to your patreon in your signature (which then makes it visible on all your forum posts), but you can't make a post or a thread saying "here, have a look at my Patreon", and you can't advertise it on the profile feed.  imo putting it in your signature is better as it means it'll be seen more often, if you're a frequent poster.

It might also be worth checking the rules pinned in the Crowdfunding forum - I know if you have a kickstarter or gofundme or similar for a game in development you can post about it there (a full game profile plus the link, not just the link).  You might also be able to do this for a patreon.  I just don't recall as I haven't looked at that thread for a while.
    Jul 8, 2016
  12. Shaz
    Shaz
    oh - I left out ... the above applies if the patreon is for a game you're making.  It doesn't apply if it's for resources or scripts/plugins or other stuff.  So you could do it, but I couldn't, for example (if I had one).
    Jul 8, 2016