Comments on Profile Post by slimmmeiske2

1. Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       As with pretty much all video game art: Children. Especially young children, it's almost impossible to find babies or young kids in games... almost like the worlds consist only of adventurous teenagers and lazy old npcs.
    Jul 8, 2016
    3 people like this.
  2. Mako Star
    Mako Star
    lol Alexander brings up a good point. I completely agree with him. Also. Sci-Fi/Futuristic resources in general are pretty lacking in the community. Of course, it's always been like that...even since 1995 lol.
    Jul 8, 2016
  3. mlogan
    mlogan
    I would say modern day stuff. But overall, most anything.
    Jul 8, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Sci fi.  Science fiction never gets past the regular hurdles and gets the attention modern or fantasy does.
    Jul 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Alexander Amnell Yeah, kids have been sorely lacking since ever. It's definitely one of the first things that was on my to-do list.

@mlogan: I'm definitely going to do some modern kid outfits :)

@Mako Star  @BananaThug: Scifi's so difficult to do (for me). I feel like normal (fantasy) sprites could totally be used in Scifi games (Star Wars is something that comes to mind which has very fantasy outfits). So what I'm trying to say is any good examples for me to look at it?
    Jul 9, 2016
  6. Bonkers
    Bonkers
    That's a good question, because sci fi stuff varies so widely, more so than fantasy.  I'll get back to you on that.  Certain things and shapes are accepted as sci fi, but the genre changes so much because what we see as the future keeps changing.
    Jul 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Mako Star
    Mako Star
    You're right, mostly. But there are many aspects of SciFi that I've not seen any of in character sets. Astronaut suit, Pilot suit, Exotic/Weird plantlife or rock formations/structures, robots and droids...
    Jul 9, 2016
  8. Euphony
    Euphony
    People of different fantastical races. It's become a trend for the RTP to have maybe one dwarf, one fairy, and one pair of elves. I haven't looked at the MV RTP much, so maybe it doesn't conform to this trend, but I'm willing to bet its 99% humans. :p

In that same way of thinking, people of different ethnicities/cultures are usually lacking as well. Most characters seem to be made with a medieval European or Japanese setting in mind.
    Jul 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Embarrassing as it may sound I have only used MV for a few hours tops.  :o I need to get back into it.
    Jul 10, 2016
  10. Snow White
    Snow White
    I'm trying to teach myself to edit the MV sprites so I can make pretty much the sprites @Euphony was mentioning (different races and ethnicities/cultures) I didn't know there weren't enough of them, I just thought they would be fun to make XD

Anyway, I'm probably gonna help my brother with some alien races for his space-fantasy-themed game, 'cause there doesn't seem to be any good aliens in the Sci-fi RTP ('~')

So maybe MV is lacking aliens?
    Jul 16, 2016